Global Careers Boot Camp
- Wednesday, April 18, 2012
5:00 PM - 8:00 PM
NYU Arthur L. Carter Journalism Institute
20 Cooper Square
New York, NY
- Event type
Get the inside track on international career opportunities.
In this boot camp, you will learn:
• What career options are available? Where are the jobs? How can I leverage my degree?
• What internships are most valuable? Is persuing another degree worthwhile?
• What are international employers currently recruiting for?
• What salary can I expect?
• How can I navigate my career & establish myself within the international market?
Who should attend?
• Professionals interested in transitioning to an international career
• Graduate Students preparing for an international career
• Undergraduates looking for an edge after graduation
All attendees receive:
• The FPA U Global Careers Boot Camp Tool Book
• Enrollment in the Foreign Policy Association Global Jobs email alerts
• Free half-year digital subscription to Foreign Affairs magazine
• Light food and drink during a networking/Q&A session
Nina Segal - Instructor
International Career Consultant
Nina Segal is an international career consultant who has worked with a range of non-profit and international organizations, including UNICEF, UNESCO, the Institute for International Public Policy, and Realizing Rights. Ms. Segal was also the Assistant Dean and Director of Career Services at Columbia University’s School of International and Public Affairs prior to launching her individual career consulting practice, and also spent two years at an international global relocation firm.
Ms. Segal’s areas of expertise include: self-assessment, career change/transitions, resumes, interviewing, and networking, among others. She is a published writer on a wide range of articles on international career development, and she co-authored International Jobs: Where They Are and How to Get Them, 5th and 6th editions – an authoritative guide on how to embark upon a global career.
Elmira Bayrasli - Guest Speaker
Freelance Writer, Global Development & Entrepreneurship
Elmira Bayrasli writes about global innovations and entrepreneurship on Entreventures on Forbes.com. Over the past several years, Ms. Bayrasli has worked to support start-ups in emerging markets at Endeavor, served as the Chief Spokesperson for the OSCE Mission to Bosnia and Herzegovina in Sarajevo and assisted former Secretary of State Madeleine K. Albright. She is a member of the Council on Foreign Relations, an advisory board member for the Turkish Women’s International Network and Turkish Philanthropy Funds and a mentor for the Women Innovate Mobile entrepreneur incubator. She is a regular speaker on innovation and start-ups and is currently writing a book on the obstacles to global entrepreneurship.
Claire Tebbets - Guest Speaker
Senior Program Learning Officer, PPFA
Claire Tebbets, MPH, is a Senior Program Learning Officer with PPFA, responsible for the design and management of Planned Parenthood Global’s evaluation systems in Latin America and Africa. She previously spent three years as a Program Officer with the Latin America office, supporting projects throughout the region. Prior to joining PPFA, Ms. Tebbets worked with the RAISE Initiative, focusing on ensuring reproductive health care access for displaced populations around the world, and Medical Students for Choice, collaborating with medical schools across the US and Canada. Ms. Tebbets was a Peace Corps Volunteer in Ecuador and holds degrees in Reproductive, Adolescent, and Child Health and in Psychology.
Upcoming events in this area
Jul 20, 2021
New York , NY