POSTPONED: Great Decisions Teacher Training Institute 2020
We at the Foreign Policy Association want to thank you for your application. This year's application pool has
The Foreign Policy Association is seeking high school teachers with demonstrated commitment to international education to take part in its annual Great Decisions Teacher Training Institute. Teachers chosen will reflect geographically diverse high schools from around the continent and will be chosen on a competitive basis. Join us for four days of:
- Strengthening skills in teaching global affairs
- Exploring ways to expand international studies in the classroom
- Building professional support networks
- Developing International Studies curricula
High school educators accepted to the Institute pay no fee for the program, accommodations, or meals.*
Participants will also receive a reimbursement of up to $300 for travel expenses.
Space is limited and applicants are chosen on a highly competitive basis. Please give as much detail as possible in your answers.
For additional information contact FPA at [email protected]
Application Deadline: Friday, March 13, 2020 **
Applicants will be notified by Friday, April 17, 2020
The 2020 Institute will include:
- Introduction to FPA’s current Great Decisions teaching materials and resources
- Presentations on teaching global challenges featured in Great Decisions materials
- Authoritative briefings on global issues from experts and policymakers
- Workshops and curriculum development sessions with Master Teachers
The 2020 Topics:
- Climate Change
- India and Pakistan
- Red Sea region
- Human Trafficking
- Northern Triangle
- China in Latin America
- The Philippines
- Artificial Intelligence and date
With 100 years of experience in developing nonpartisan, accessible, engaging learning programs, the Foreign Policy Association welcomes applicants to the Twelfth annual Great Decisions Teacher Training Institute.
* Hotel accommodations provided to educators outside the tri-state area only.
Great Decisions Teacher Training Institute 2020