India and Pakistan
Great Decisions 2020 | Topic 2
How will the Kashmir situation affect the region, both economically and politically?
India’s Prime Minister Narendra Modi rode a wave of Hindu nationalism to a historic reelection in 2019. His first order of business was to revoke the special status granted to the Kashmir region, inflaming the rivalry between India and Pakistan. How will the Kashmir situation affect the region, both economically and politically?
Photo by Lintao Zhang/Getty Images
- India and Pakistan Are Edging Closer to War in 2020
- Kashmir crisis 2019: Between a rock and a hard place
- New Army Chief warns Pakistan, says India reserves right to 'preemptively strike' at sources of terror
- Yesterday once more: India and Pakistan relations in the new decade
- No news from Kashmir
India/Pakistan Policy Options
- India, Pakistan, Kashmir: Taking the war option off the table
- Kashmir: Background, Recent Developments, and U.S. Policy
- Conflict Between India and Pakistan: Global Conflict Tracker
by James Crabtree
by Ramachandra Guha
by Stephen P. Cohen
by Anatol Lieven
by Christopher Snedden
Great Decisions 2023 cover image.