State of the State Department and Diplomacy
Great Decisions 2019 | Topic 8
During the Trump administration, the usual ways of conducting diplomacy have been upended.
During the Trump administration, the usual ways of conducting diplomacy have been upended. Many positions in the State Department have never been filled, and meetings with foreign leaders such as Kim Jong-un and Vladimir Putin have been undertaken with little advance planning. What effect are these changes having now, and how will they affect ongoing relationships between the United States and its allies and adversaries?
State Dept News
- Trump names Heather Nauert as US ambassador to UN
- From Rex Tillerson to John Kelly: Who Would Work for Donald Trump?
- Pompeo’s Speech in Brussels Was Tone-Deaf and Arrogant
- Can Nikki Haley Emerge From the Trump Administration Unscathed?
- John Kelly to Step Down as Trump, Facing New Perils, Shakes Up Staff