China and America: the new geopolitical equation
Great Decisions 2018 | Topic 3
In the last 15 years, China has implemented a wide-ranging strategy of economic outreach and expansion of all its national capacities, including military and diplomatic capacities.
In the last 15 years, China has implemented a wide-ranging strategy of economic outreach and expansion of all its national capacities, including military and diplomatic capacities. Where the United States has taken a step back from multilateral trade agreements and discarded the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP), China has made inroads through efforts like the Belt and Road Initiative and the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB). What are Beijing’s geopolitical objectives? What leadership and political conditions in each society underlie growing Sino-American tensions? What policies might Washington adopt to address this circumstance?
- Donald Trump’s Asia tour leaves observers perplexed
- The Chinese World Order
- Making China Great Again
- The China Reckoning
- The Greater Danger of US-China Trade Relations
- When America Stands up to China
- US trade tussle with China is actually about technology
- Is China the world’s top trader?
- China’s 19th Party Congress: A Coronation, With Qualifications
- Born Red
- China’s Challenges Abroad: How Do You Solve A Problem Like North Korea?