FPA U Seminar: Working Around the WorldEvent offered by:
Foreign Policy Association
- Thursday, October 13, 2011
5:30 PM - 8:00 PM
NYU Arthur L. Carter Journalism Institute
20 Cooper Square
New York, NY
- Event type
Do your ambitions lie beyond U.S. borders? Working overseas is an exciting adventure, but preparing for an international career can be a daunting task.
In this seminar you will learn:
• How to explore the wide array of international opportunities: What are the career options? Where are the jobs? How can my degree help me?
• How to prepare for a global career: What internships are most valuable? Should I pursue graduate school?
• What international employers are currently recruiting for: Receive resume and cover letter tips, networking advice, and application guidance
• Realities & misconceptions of a global career: What is the lifestyle? What salaries can I expect? What are the caveats?
• How to navigate your career & establish yourself within an international market
All attendees receive:
• The brand-new FPA U Working Around the World Tool Book on USB
• Enrollment in the Foreign Policy Association Global Jobs email alerts
• Free one-year digital subscription to Foreign Affairs magazine
• Light food and drink during networking/Q&A session
Who should attend this seminar?
• Undergraduate Students considering an international career
• Graduate Students considering or preparing for an international career
• Professionals interested in transitioning to an international career
Nina Segal is an international career consultant who has worked with a range of non-profit and international organizations, including UNICEF, UNESCO, the Institute for International Public Policy, and Realizing Rights. Ms. Segal was also the Assistant Dean and Director of Career Services at Columbia University's School of International and Public Affairs prior to launching her individual career consulting practice, and also spent two years at an international global relocation firm.
Ms. Segal's areas of expertise include: self-assessment, career change/transitions, resumes, interviewing, and networking, among others. She is a published writer on a wide range of articles on international career development, and she co-authored International Jobs: Where They Are and How to Get Them, 5th and 6th editions – an authoritative guide on how to embark upon a global career.
Upcoming events in this area
Dec 6, 2022
New York , NY