Internship for Iran Program
- Inside Iran Program
- Washington , DC
- Salary Range:
- Non Profit
- Organization URL:
- Date Posted
The Inside Iran Program, directed by Geneive Abdo, is seeking an intern to work closely with a research associate on a web-based bulletin as well as other activities of the Iran program.
- Collect articles each day on events in Iran and Iran-related developments in the region from English-language sources on the internet.
- Help in identifying influential Iranian commentators inside and outside Iran who could become contributors to the web site.
- Provide administrative support in efforts including organizing conferences, scheduling meetings, building and maintaining a data base and other activities for the overall Iran program.
- Strong writing skills required as well as an ability to work independently.
- Applicant should have more than basic computer skills, including: the ability to post material on a website; ability to create a database; ability to navigate the internet for research purposes.
- Undergraduate study of Iranian studies, the Middle East, or relevant academic background
- Fluency in Arabic or Persian required
This is a part-time, unpaid position that could fulfill university requirements. The job offers an opportunity to become immersed in issues relating to US-Iran foreign policy and the Middle East with one of the leading Iran teams in Washington. The job requires approximately 15 hours of employment per week. Deadline for applications is February 15, 2012.
- Geneive Abdo
To apply for this position, please send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org