Unpaid - Intern (Gender and Elections)APPLY ONLINE
- Washington, DC
- Salary Range:
- Non Profit
- Organization URL:
- Last Date To Apply
- Date Posted
Position Number: 11:168
IFES works to promote equal rights, justice and political participation for women around the world. One way in which IFES works supports gender mainstreaming and women’s empowerment in its programs is through the implementation of a Gender Action Plan (GAP). The Gender and Elections intern will work closely with the Gender Working Group Co-chairs and Coordinator to support implementation of the programmatic aspects of the GAP.
The general duties of the Gender and Elections intern include, but are not limited to:
• Conducting research, including from academic journals and print media;
• Providing logistical and administrative support for the Gender Working Group and Gender Action Plan initiatives related to IFES programming;
• Assisting in the preparation of weekly reports, website updates and other reports; and
• Attending and reporting on internal and external meetings related to gender issues.
• Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or graduate student (or degree completed) at an accredited university studying political science, international relations, gender studies, or related focus area;
• Interest in Gender and Elections issues (relevant experience a plus);
• Excellent research and communication skills; and
• Proficiency with Word and Excel.
You must go to http://www.ifes.org/ to the Careers section and apply online. Applications are only accepted in this way. Make sure you upload all papers together (ie. cover letter and application, etc.).