Rice Value Chain Specialist, MaliAPPLY ONLINE
- Non Profit
- Organization URL:
- Mid Career / Advanced
- Last Date To Apply
- Date Posted
Since 1963 and in 145 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has 75 projects in 35 countries and revenues of approximately $168 million.
Rice Value Chain Specialist, Mali
We are seeking Rice Value Chain Specialist candidates for an anticipated multiyear, USAID-funded Feed the Future project, Cereal Value Chain (CVC) in Mali. Mali CVC will increase agricultural production, productivity and incomes of farmers and other agricultural value chain actors. It will also strengthen value chain service providers, including agricultural technology providers and financial service providers. Mali CVC seeks to identify and contribute to resolving key constraints in the local and international enabling environment to allow systematic and long-term transformation of the agricultural sector, led by the cereals value chains.
- Identify key technical collaborators in regional organizations, research organizations, other development projects and NGOs, and develop collaborative working relationships with them. Look for ways to add value to others’ efforts, where suitable, and to create synergies in strengthening the rice value chain.
- Participate in an assessment of key constraints in the rice value chain with proposed interventions. Present findings and produce a final action plan for rice value chain development that will guide Mali CVC work during the life of project.
- Assist firms in adopting new technology and other innovations that improve firm and industry performance and help them compete in end markets (e.g., investments in productivity, quality, efficiency, management, etc.). Encourage interfirm relationships that enhance value chain performance.
- Identify specific supply chains, document their status and intervention needs, and adopt the most appropriate measures to make them effective and efficient.
- Collaborate with program stakeholders in the rice value chain, including trade associations, NGOs, government agencies, universities, research agencies, value chain actors, other donor programs and strategic partners.
- Work with regional private sector organizations (selected national producer and trader associations) to build a value chain development plan that will help define portfolios of activities across all outcome areas. In addition, work with the Capacity Building Advisor and other key actors in policy to develop value chain policy advocacy plans to be reviewed and updated annually.
- Identify promising areas for productivity-enhancing interventions in the rice value chain and mobilize specialized consultants to address constraints, propose pilot interventions, develop training programs, and propose promising public private partnerships/Global Development Alliance opportunities in the rice sector.
- Minimum of five years of practical experience with grains required
- Experience in warehouse receipts a plus
- Degree in related field(s) required
- Regional experience required
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills with evidence of ability to productively interact with a wide range of organizations (government, private sector, NGOs, research institutions).
- Knowledge of regional, cross-border and international trade procedures, market information systems and quality standard requirements for agriculture.
- Demonstrated creativity and ability to innovate, think systematically and design catalytic program approaches
- Fluency in French language required.
- Knowledge of USAID policies and procedures preferred.
- ACDI/VOCA International Recruitment
Please apply online at http://acdivoca.maxhire.net/cp/?E55464361D43515B7E59192F77571E6B0162774B. No phone calls please. Only finalists contacted. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. EOE.