Program Associate - AfricaAPPLY ONLINE
- Freedom House
- Washington, DC
- Salary Range:
- Non Profit
- Organization URL:
- Entry Level
- Date Posted
Freedom House promotes the spread of freedom and democracy around the world through research, effective advocacy, and programs that support frontline activists. We are a leader in identifying threats to freedom through our highly regarded analytic reports, including Freedom in the World, Freedom of the Press, Freedom on the Net, Nations in Transit, and Countries at the Crossroads. With 13 field offices and two U.S. offices, we support the right of every individual to be free.
The Program Associate will provide programmatic support including finance, logistical, administrative, research, writing and data analysis assistance to Freedom House Africa programs. This posted is based in Washington DC and reports to the Director for Africa programs.
Some Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide research assistance and data analysis for development opportunities in Africa
- Contribute to the preparation of reports, proposals, grants, press releases, and budgets as required
- Assist in financial management, including preparation of draft budgets and requests for funds
- Assist in updating the website concerning the programs necessary
- Create, maintain, update and analyze team databases for contacts, vendors and others as assigned
- Assist in developing and producing promotional material on the programs
- Assist with travel plans including flight and hotel research and booking, travel authorization, visa application, etc.
- Organize events and meetings in DC and abroad related to Freedom House programs
- Organize program logistics and provide administrative support as necessary
- Other related duties as assigned.
We offer great benefits including:
- 100% employer-paid dental insurance
- 100% employer-paid health insurance; or generously subsidized depending on selected option
- 100% employer paid life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment
- 100% employer paid short-term disability and long-term disability insurance
- Supplemental/voluntary life insurance for employee, spouse, and child(ren)
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with generous matching funds with 2 year 100% vesting schedule
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical and dependent care reimbursable expenses
- Transportation pre-tax payroll deduction for metro, and garage parking in DC
- Generous paid vacation leave, sick leave, personal leave, and holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement for graduate studies
- And much more……
- Bachelor’s degree in political science, international relations, or related field
- Minimum six months related experience or combination of education, training and experience
- Strong ability to communicate effectively in English and French, both verbally and in writing
- Strong knowledge of human rights principles and mechanisms, and understanding of democracy promotion
- Mastery with MS Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrable knowledge of the Africa region
- Ability to accept and complete administrative tasks with a great attitude
- Ability to collaborate with other and work as an effective team member for the success of team
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and meet all goals and deadlines
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding all aspects of work at all times
Qualified and Interested applicants
We invite qualified candidates to send a resume, and cover letter with salary history and desired salary (only candidates who send salary requirements will be considered for the position) to: email@example.com or fax at (202) 822-3893, Attention: HR Dept., referencing 2013-039 PA Africa in the subject line. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only candidates authorized to work in the U.S. without any restrictions need apply.