Capacity Building and Training Specialist, GeorgiaAPPLY ONLINE
- Non Profit
- Organization URL:
- Mid Career / Advanced
- Last Date To Apply
- Date Posted
For 50 years and in over 145 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has approximately 79 projects in 36 countries and revenues of over $168 million.
Capacity Building and Training Specialist, Republic of Georgia
We are currently seeking a Capacity Building and Training Specialist for an anticipated USAID-funded agricultural value chain strengthening and competitiveness program in Georgia. The project’s focus will be to increase agricultural productivity and strengthen linkages between farmer groups and other actors along the oilseed, hazelnut, fruit and/or vegetable value chains. To achieve this objective, technical components may include improved use of high quality inputs, increasing access to finance, improved use of rehabilitated irrigation, better use of agricultural equipment and technology, building sustainability within local organizations and strengthening linkages to markets and the private sector. The Capacity Building and Training Specialist’s responsibilities for this program may include but are not limited to the following:
- Strengthen the ability of farmer groups, water user associations, and other agricultural organizations and businesses to increase their ability to produce, market, generate capital.
- Strengthen the capacity of agricultural input and service providers and other agribusinesses in order to increase their business with producer groups and other value chain actors.
- Build business relationships and help local organizations acquire skills necessary to increase local productivity, strengthen skills in management, and foster connections between producers and local markets.
- Coordinate and facilitate capacity building trainings and activities for local organizations, including private firms, farmer and business associations, educational institutions, etc., in financial systems management, monitoring and evaluation, organizational management and other areas.
- In collaboration with identified agricultural organizations, conduct organizational assessments and define capacity building plans with targets and milestones.
- Work with the project Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist to track progress against capacity building plans as well as broader project indicators.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (agriculture, economics, business, finance, etc.)
- Minimum 6 years of relevant experience in capacity building and organizational strengthening; experience with agriculture-related projects and organizations highly preferred
- Experience in Georgia or the Caucasus region
- Proven record of achieving development impacts in a similar context
- Demonstrated ability to work and coordinate effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent oral and written English language skills
- ACDI/VOCA International Recruitment
Apply online at http://acdivoca.maxhire.net/cp/?E55C6F361D43515B7E59192F77561B630C62774B. No phone calls please. Only finalists contacted. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. EOE.