Short-term Capacity Building Specialists, East AfricaAPPLY ONLINE
- Non Profit
- Organization URL:
- Mid Career / Advanced
- Last Date To Apply
- Date Posted
Since 1963 and in 145 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has 76 projects in 36 countries and revenues of approximately $168 million.
Short-Term Capacity Building Specialists, East Africa
ACDI/VOCA is currently seeking short-term Capacity Building Specialists for an assignment on an ongoing USAID-funded, $5.3 million project in East Africa. The purpose of AIIM-Assist is to provide technical assistance to the African Institutions Innovation Mechanism (AIIM) project, which is a key component of the multi-year East Africa regional strategy of the United States government’s Feed the Future Initiative. The AIIM project aims to increase the access, availability and utilization of African-grown staple foods in regionally integrated markets. This assignment will be to provide technical training and organizational development to targeted agribusiness chambers of commerce within East Africa. The position is to start as soon as possible.
- Strategic planning
- Carry out strategic analyses and assessments aimed at understanding the current status of the targeted chambers and their operating environments.
- On the basis of the outcome of strategic analyses, facilitate retreats for stakeholders (board, management and partners) to design the chambers’ strategic plans, including vision, mission, values, goals and strategies.
- Write up strategic plan documents.
- Review of bylaws
- On the basis of relevant legislation and best practices in corporate governance, review chamber bylaws to identify gaps.
- Discuss the gaps with the chambers’ boards and management.
- Write the revised bylaws and present to the boards for approval and implementation.
- Development of a business plan
- Assist chambers in developing medium-term business plans based on identified needs for each service area.
- Write business plans and develop timelines for rolling out services.
- Over 10 years’ experience in development or consulting in Africa
- Master’s degree in a relevant field
- Demonstrated experience in strategic management, organizational development, business development, business planning
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English required
- Excellent report writing skills
- Resident of East African country
- Experience in consulting for government or trade associations
- ACDI/VOCA International Recruitment
Please apply online at http://acdivoca.maxhire.net/cp/?E55C6C361D43515B7E59192F7756176B0D62774B. No phone calls please. Only finalists contacted. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. EOE.