Horticulture Specialist, MozambiqueAPPLY ONLINE
- Non Profit
- Organization URL:
- Mid Career / Advanced
- Last Date To Apply
- Date Posted
Since 1963 and in 145 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has 76 projects in 36 countries and revenues of approximately $168 million.
Horticulture Specialist, Mozambique
We are currently seeking a Horticulture Specialist for a prospective multiyear community engagement and livelihoods project that will build the capacity of smallholder farmers in Mozambique to produce high-quality horticultural products and pursue sustainable livelihoods. The project will include a value chain assessment of vegetable markets to identify target horticultural crops; strengthen producer associations and partners; deliver training and technical assistance in horticultural production; improve access to high quality inputs, technology and finance; improve post-harvest handling; and strengthen market linkages.
Under the supervision of the Program Director, the Horticulture Specialist will be responsible for designing and implementing horticulture sector interventions.
- Support horticulture sector modernization and value chain development by identifying and developing new market opportunities, upgrading high-potential horticulture value chains, building market linkages and strengthening the capacity of smallholder farmers to increase productivity and pursue sustainable livelihoods.
- Design value chain upgrading strategies, addressing production, post-harvest, processing and marketing priorities.
- Work with cooperatives and producer associations to help identify value chain upgrading opportunities, partnerships and other opportunities.
- B.A./B.S. in relevant technical field with 10 years of experience.
- A minimum of eight years of experience in value chain assessments, handling operations, productivity interventions and marketing of horticultural crops.
- Ability to diagnose problems in a value chain and work with relevant actors along the value chain to improve production, increase access to finance, and increase market share and profitability.
- Excellent writing and reporting skills in English and fluency in Portuguese required.
- ACDI/VOCA International Recruitment
Please apply online at http://acdivoca.maxhire.net/cp/?E55C6C361D43515B7E59192F775616620762774B. No phone calls please. Only finalists contacted. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. EOE.