Gender, Youth, and Social Inclusion Specialist, GeorgiaAPPLY ONLINE
- Non Profit
- Organization URL:
- Mid Career / Advanced
- Last Date To Apply
- Date Posted
For 50 years and in over 145 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has approximately 79 projects in 36 countries and revenues of over $168 million.
Gender, Youth, and Social Inclusion Specialist, Republic of Georgia
We are currently seeking a Gender, Youth, and Social Specialist for an anticipated USAID-funded agricultural value chain strengthening and competitiveness program in Georgia. The project’s focus will be to increase agricultural productivity and strengthen linkages between farmer groups and other actors along the oilseed, hazelnut, fruit and/or vegetable value chains. To achieve this objective, technical components may include improved use of high quality inputs, increasing access to finance, improved use of rehabilitated irrigation, better use of agricultural equipment and technology, building sustainability within local organizations and strengthening linkages to markets and the private sector. The Gender, Youth, and Social Inclusion Specialist responsibilities for this program may include but are not limited to the following:
- Lead development and implementation of the program’s overall strategy for gender, youth, and social inclusion (inclusion of internally displaced persons, minority integration).
- Provide technical advice and trainings to program staff and partners in relation to gender, youth, and social inclusion in designing interventions, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Work with the relevant team members to undertake gender, youth, and social inclusion capacity assessments of local partner organisations and develop and implement appropriate capacity development initiatives, including ongoing mentoring and monitoring strategies.
- Support the M&E Manager plan collection and analysis of gender, youth, and other related data.
- Write, coordinate and disseminate lessons learned among team and program partners.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree required in relevant field
- Minimum 5 years of relevant experience working with gender issues, youth entrepreneurship and/or other social group inclusion
- Experience in data collection, analysis, and writing reports
- Demonstrated ability to work and coordinate effectively with a wide variety of stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent oral and written English language skills
- ACDI/VOCA International Recruitment
Apply online at http://acdivoca.maxhire.net/cp/?E5556C361D43515B7E59192F7756186A0762774B No phone calls please. Only finalists contacted. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. EOE.