Environmental Specialist, GeorgiaAPPLY ONLINE
- Non Profit
- Organization URL:
- Mid Career / Advanced
- Last Date To Apply
- Date Posted
For 50 years and in over 145 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has approximately 79 projects in 36 countries and revenues of over $168 million.
Environmental Specialist, Republic of Georgia
We are currently seeking an Environmental Specialist for an anticipated USAID-funded agricultural value chain strengthening and competitiveness program in Georgia. The project’s focus will be to increase agricultural productivity and strengthen linkages between farmer groups and other actors along the oilseed, hazelnut, fruit and/or vegetable value chains. To achieve this objective, technical components may include improved use of high quality inputs, increasing access to finance, improved use of rehabilitated irrigation, better use of agricultural equipment and technology, building sustainability within local organizations and strengthening linkages to markets and the private sector. The Environmental Specialist responsibilities for this program may include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide guidance and input into value chain assessments and other technical reports regarding environmental impacts of proposed interventions.
- Provide input into the design and implementation of environmentally sound and sustainable practices for project interventions, such as preventing renewable resource depletion and illegal harvesting across the region.
- Provide recommendations on steps to be considered to address immediate environmental issues.
- Provide input into the design and implementation of environmentally sound and sustainable
production actions such as for input supply, Integrated Pest Management, etc. that promote increased agricultural production.
- Réviser « L'Annexe D de la Révision des Directives Environnementales du Titre II » afin d'assurer que des mesures sont prises pour mitiger tous les dangers environnementaux qui pourraient résulter de l'exécution du SYAP. Faire des recommandations spécifiques sur la manière de mitiger ces dangers.Le Spécialiste en Environnement doit s'informer sur tous les règlements et lois spécifiques portant sur l'environnement du Gouvernement haïtien et assurer que les activités réalisées dans le cadre du SYAP respectent les lois haïtiennes.Be familiar with all environmental regulations and laws of the Government of Georgia and ensure that activities under project comply with Georgian law. Faire des recommandations spécifiques au personnel du SYAP au sujet de mesures pour mitiger tout danger. Make specific recommendations to project staff about measures to mitigate any hazards.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in a related field (environmental studies, biology, agriculture, engineering, or other related field) is required
- Minimum 6 years of relevant experience
- Familiarity with USAID guidelines on environmental assessment and mitigation requirements
- Experience in Georgia or the Caucasus region
- Excellent oral and written English language skills
- ACDI/VOCA International Recruitment
Apply online at http://acdivoca.maxhire.net/cp/?E5556B361D43515B7E59192F7756176A0D627B4D. No phone calls please. Only finalists contacted. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. EOE.