Finance InternAPPLY ONLINE
- Freedom House
- Washington, DC
- Non Profit
- Organization URL:
- Date Posted
Freedom House promotes the spread of freedom and democracy around the world through research, effective advocacy, and programs that support frontline activists. We are a leader in identifying threats to freedom through our highly regarded analytic reports, including Freedom in the World, Freedom of the Press, Freedom on the Net, Nations in Transit, and Countries at the Crossroads. With 13 field offices and two U.S. offices, we support the right of every individual to be free.
The successful Intern will have the opportunity to learn and support a non-governmental organization’s finance department in its daily operations. This position is based in Washington, DC and reports to the Grants Manager.
Some Duties and Responsibilities
- File, scan, and archive documents
- Assist with inventorying and organizing journal entries and other financial documents
- Answer phones
- Provide administrative assistance
- Prepare reconciliations and journal entries
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, business administration, or related field or current college or graduate student
- Strong ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Must demonstrate attention to detail, specifically when working with numbers
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles preferred
- Strong ability to independently research and organize information from various sources
Qualified and Interested applicants
We invite qualified candidates to send a resume, and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at (202) 822-3893, Attention: HR Dept., referencing 2013-018 Finance Intern in the subject line. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only candidates authorized to work in the U.S. without restrictions need apply.