Analyst, Research Department
- Emerging Markets Private Equity Association
- Washington, DC
- Salary Range:
- Paid- Salary
- Non Profit
- Organization URL:
- Entry Level
- Last Date To Apply
- Date Posted
The Emerging Markets Private Equity Association (EMPEA) is an independent, global membership association whose mission is to catalyze private equity and venture capital investment in emerging markets around the world. Our 300-plus member firms share in the belief that private equity can provide superior returns to investors while creating significant value for companies, economies and communities in emerging markets. With access to an unparalleled global network, EMPEA provides its members a competitive edge for raising funds, making good investments and managing exits to achieve superior returns. EMPEA’s members represent nearly 60 countries and over US$1 trillion in assets under management. For more information, visit www.empea.org or follow up on Twitter @EMPEA.
EMPEA is seeking an entry-level Analyst in its Research Department to support its efforts to produce industry statistics for private equity practitioners, institutional investors and related stakeholders. EMPEA statistics are widely used as industry reference data and disseminated in the market via proprietary publications, media coverage, conference and workshop content, and the EMPEA website.
The successful candidate will join a dedicated, high-energy team of individuals with an outstanding track record. Despite its professional stature, this is a team that rolls up its sleeves and is extremely hands-on. The culture is supportive and team-oriented, but in common with the industry it serves, standards are extremely high and excellence is a daily requirement rather than the exception.
The Analyst’s primary responsibility will be improving the quality of data in EMPEA’s proprietary database of private equity firms, funds and investments by:
1) Systematically collecting data through third-party sources as well as through direct communication with EMPEA members and other industry stakeholders;
2) Interpreting and entering this information in EMPEA’s proprietary database and knowledge management systems;
3) Contributing to the ongoing improvement of EMPEA’s data management systems; and
4) Cultivating relationships with member firms to support direct data collection efforts.
Other responsibilities include building exhibits in Excel for publications or member research requests, concise analytical writing for regional reports and EMPEA’s weekly newsletter, and compiling a weekly reading pack of the most important news in the industry for distribution to the entire staff.
- Bachelor’s degree with coursework in statistics, mathematics, economics, finance, or similar
- 1 year work experience, ideally in a data-intensive research capacity
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Demonstrated primary and secondary research skills
- Proven analytical ability and attentiveness to detail
- Strong desire to learn about the private equity industry
This position does not require financial services experience, however a keen interest in the private equity industry is essential and a basic understanding of financial markets is preferred. Experience building and managing large datasets is required. The Analyst will gain an in-depth understanding of the firms active in emerging markets, as well as the cross-border issues impacting investment. Proficiency in an emerging market language would be beneficial.
EMPEA offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience, an excellent benefits package and an exciting team environment.
Target start date is Monday, April 22, 2013.
- Ted Hickey
THIS JOB POSTING IS CLOSED. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY.