Chief of Party, Burkina Faso and NigerAPPLY ONLINE
- Burkina Faso
- Non Profit
- Organization URL:
- Last Date To Apply
- Date Posted
Since 1963 and in 145 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has 84 projects in 40 countries and revenues of approximately $168 million.
Chief of Party, Burkina Faso & Niger
We are currently seeking a Chief of Party for an anticipated five-year USAID-funded project in Burkina Faso and Niger, the Resilience and Economic Growth in the Sahel-Accelerated Growth (REGIS-AG). Together with local and international partners and in support of USAID/Senegal's Feed the Future (FTF) initiatives, the project will increase the incomes of vulnerable households through the transformation of selected, high-potential value chains such as cowpeas, small ruminants, and poultry.
- Provide overall leadership and technical direction for the entire program.
- Design, develop and implement strategies to improve agricultural productivity and market linkages to increase rural household incomes.
- Serve as principal liaison with USAID staff, host country partners, and institutions to exchange information and develop professional relationships.
- Manage the technical input of all staff, consultants, subcontractors, and project partners.
- Lead the design and drive implementation of project work plans.
- Oversee project contract compliance with USAID and ACDI/VOCA policies and procedures.
- Oversee program administrative, human resources, budget pipeline, and finances.
- Communicate regularly and share program information with other USAID project managers, bilateral donors, and other indigenous and international NGOs to ensure visibility of ACDI/VOCA activities.
- University degree in economics, business, agriculture, international relations, or other related field.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant and progressive work experience in agricultural production, economics, agribusiness, or related field.
- At least seven years of progressively responsible supervisory work experience managing large, complex projects, preferably on USAID-funded contracts.
- Previous experience working in Burkina Faso, Niger, and other Francophone countries.
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills with evidence of ability to productively interact with a wide range of organizations (government, private sector, NGOs, research institutions).
- Fluency in English and French required.
- ACDI/VOCA International Recruitment
Please apply online at http://acdivoca.maxhire.net/cp/?E55C6F361D43515B7E59192F7756166D0362774B. No phone calls please. Only finalists contacted. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. EOE.