Country Director/Program Manager - Panama (Local)APPLY ONLINE
- National Center for State Courts
- Panama City, Panama
- Salary Range:
- Competitive. Based on experience.
- Non Profit
- Organization URL:
- Mid Career
- Last Date To Apply
- Date Posted
The National Center for State Courts (NCSC) is seeking a long-term Country Director/Program Manager for a U.S. Department of State funded justice and security sector training program in Panama City, Panama. This position is open only to Panamanian nationals based in Panama City. Spanish and English fluency is required.
Profile: Candidates must have experience managing the logistical aspects and administrative support duties associated with participant training activities. Demonstrated professional experience implementing fast-paced, detail-intensive training projects where routine activities include, but are not limited to: handling travel documents, travel advances, airline tickets, ground transportation, lodging, meals, training facility arrangements, and database management required. Ability to prioritize, plan, coordinate, and communicate clearly/effectively; execute multiple tasks within deadlines; and maintain effective working relationships. Proficient skills using word processing, spreadsheets, Excel, etc. are also required for report writing. The successful candidate will work closely with the U.S. Embassy, vendors and service providers, training implementers and the NCSC Home Office Program Manager. All correspondence and reports must be in English. Spanish and English fluency required (speaking, reading and writing).
- Manage all staff and operational aspects of a fast-paced office in Panama City, Panama.
- Maintain regular contact with the U.S. Embassy and NCSC Home Office to manage project deliverables.
- Maintain up-to-date information on training beneficiaries, activities and results.
- Maintain accurate and timely records on all participants in the project database.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date project files.
- Work with the office staff to ensure that financial documents are up-to-date and accurate.
- Work closely with the NCSC regarding the tracking of project expenses.
- Assist with the monthly financial reports to ensure that reconciliation for project office expenditures are conducted accurately and in a timely fashion using NCSC home office forms, and that project expenditures comply with US government and/or donor regulations.
- Assist, as needed, with accounting duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Prior experience working on State Department or other international donor-funded rule of law projects preferred;
- Degree in a relevant field and at least ten (10) years of progressively responsible work experience required;
- Demonstrated reporting, writing, communication, and relationship management skills required;
- Fluency in Spanish and English.
Applicants should send CVs and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Panama, Country Director/Program Manager" in the subject heading. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt through 5:00 PM February 23, 2013.