Multimedia Associate, AS/COA OnlineAPPLY ONLINE
- New York, NY
- Non Profit
- Organization URL:
- Entry Level
- Last Date To Apply
- Date Posted
Americas Society/Council of the Americas (AS/COA) provides the most trusted forum for debate on issues affecting the Western Hemisphere. Our website, www.as-coa.org, seeks a multimedia associate to produce and handle logistics involved with multimedia content, as well as work as part of the AS/COA Online editorial team to create rich-media content and promote it through the website and via social media. The associate will oversee live webcasting of AS/COA public events, including our high-profile Latin American Cities Conferences and Presidents of the Americas series. Please visit the Watch & Listen section of www.as-coa.org for examples of AS/COA multimedia content.
- Filming, editing, compressing, and posting videos, podcasts, and slideshows as required, as well as other multimedia content.
- Managing live webcasting of events; includes working with A/V vendors domestically and internationally to ensure high quality broadcasts (International travel may be required.)
- Monitoring analytics and content on Livestream and YouTube, and collaborating with staff to increase visibility of video and online content through other means and platforms.
- Social media promotion of events and content, including blogging.
- Propose innovative social marketing initiatives to increase AS/COA’s followers.
- Produce, in-house, occasional video shoots and interviews.
- Proofreading, copyediting, writing, and research of online content and e-newsletters.
- Lending support to necessary online tasks, including coding and editing web pages
- Supporting social media efforts.
The candidate should be able to balance multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment under deadline pressure. Skills and qualifications include:
- Experience in the field of new media, multimedia journalism, blogging, and video production.
- Proficiency and experience expanding social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, LinkedIn) and their use as a marketing tool.
- Ability to digitize, edit, and export video content around AS/COA events using Final Cut Pro.
- Strong English-language writing skills with a working knowledge of Spanish and/or Portuguese.
- Interest in Latin American culture and politics preferred.
- Basic HTML and CMS experience (especially in Drupal platform) preferred.
- Adobe Creative Suite skills a plus.
- Carin Zissis
Application Submission: Please email cover letter, resume, and at least one brief English-language writing sample to: ascoa.online [at] as-coa.org. Links to work examples welcome. No phone calls please.