Evaluation Technical SpecialistsAPPLY ONLINE
- Social Impact, Inc.
- Arlington, VA
- Organization URL:
- Mid Career
- Last Date To Apply
- Date Posted
EVALUATION TECHNICAL SPECIALISTS
International Narcotics and Law Enforcement, Counterterrorism, Conflict and Stabilization Operations, Arms Control, International Security and Nonproliferation
Social Impact (SI) is an Arlington, VA-based international development consulting firm. We provide a full range of innovative management consulting, technical assistance, and training services to strengthen international development, peace and security programs. SI conducts an increasing number of program evaluations for the U.S. State Department, USAID and various international agencies.
SI is seeking an Evaluation Technical Specialists to conceptualize and lead program evaluations for the US State Department in the areas of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement, Counterterrorism, Conflict and Stabilization Operations, Arms Control, and International Security and Nonproliferation.
The primary function of the Senior Evaluation Specialist will be to design evaluations in these programmatic areas, lead evaluation teams and provide high-level technical and management oversight for State Department evaluations conducted by SI. SI is recruiting for a full-time HQ-based position and for multiple short-term consultant/evaluation team leader positions.
Pay and Benefits
Salary for the full time Evaluation Technical Specialist position will be commensurate with the candidate’s capabilities, experience, and salary history. Standard benefits include paid leave, health insurance, IRA.
Daily rate for short-term evaluation consultants and team leaders will follow USG fee schedules for independent consultants.
Keywords: evaluations; performance evaluations; USAID; DoS;
Location: Social Impact HQ offices – Arlington, VA
- Program evaluation experience with State Department, USAID and other international agencies in one or more of the above mentioned programmatic areas (required)
- Ph.D. in relevant subject area, such as international law, political science, economics, sociology or public policy (strongly preferred, although Master’s degree with more than 10 years experience will be considered)
- Academic training and practical experience in quantitative research and program evaluation including demonstrated strong skills in designing and implementing qualitative and quantitative program evaluations (required).
- Demonstrated experience leading short-term evaluation teams in the specified programmatic areas with highly rated evaluation reports (required).
- Ability to travel overseas for short-term assignments (required)
- Demonstrated ability to write clearly under deadline (required)
- Experience working in developing countries (required)
- Field experience in managing small and medium-scale data collection activities and surveys (strongly preferred)
- Academic training and/or practical experience in quantitative analysis, including experience in econometrics and use of STATA and SPSS (preferred)
- Proficiency in a foreign language, such as Spanish or French (preferred)
- Active or recent security clearance (preferred)
- Barbara Norton-Gill
To Apply: Please submit a resume, cover letter, salary history, 3 professional references (email, address, phone number) and date of availability to DevHire:
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our Company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and to make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com