Deputy Team Leader, ZimbabweAPPLY ONLINE
- Non Profit
- Organization URL:
- Last Date To Apply
- Date Posted
Agribusiness Systems International (ASI) is a specialized international development agency based in Washington, D.C., that works to create increasingly competitive and socially inclusive industries throughout the world. As an affiliate of ACDI/VOCA, ASI draws from 49 years of experience expanding economic opportunities in 145 developing and transitional nations. ASI combines expertise and technical capacity to work with partners across both public and private sectors to promote and reinforce our development mission of empowering people to succeed in a market-driven global economy.
Deputy Team Lead, Southern Africa
ASI seeks a Deputy Team Lead for the anticipated multi-year agriculture markets programme in Southern Africa. The overall goal of this programme is ASI to address agriculture constraints, bring vulnerable populations into existing markets and improve access to adequate nutrition. This position is contingent upon ASI being awarded a contract.
The Deputy Team Leader will be a member of the senior team and be responsible for effective implementation of the programme. She/he will support the Team Leader to operationalize the strategic direction for the programme to achieve programme objectives. The Deputy Team Leader will be responsible for timely implementation and reporting of activities; accurate programme monitoring and evaluation; proper financial management, reporting, and spending; and compliance with programme terms and conditions
This position is contingent upon ASI being awarded a contract.
- Experience in agriculture in Southern Africa.
- Demonstrated experience in: markets for inputs, markets for services, food storage and collateral management, supply chain coordination, monitoring and evaluation.
- Ability to engage with government officials, policy makers, and private sector actors on market based solutions for improvements in regional trade of staple foods.
- Excellent staff and programme performance manager.
- Ability to integrate work streams into a cohesive programme.
- Successful delivery of Making Markets Work for the Poor (M4P) programmes.
- Advanced degree in business, agriculture, international development, or a related field required.
- At least 6 years of programme management experience working in Deputy Team Leader role.
- Ability to demonstrate use of value for money as a performance management tool.
- Ability to demonstrate effective performance management of programmes of similar scale and scope requiring integrated management of programme activities.
- Proven experience in the implementation of M4P, value chain and market development projects
- English fluency required.
- ACDI/VOCA International Recruitment
Please apply online at http://acdivoca.maxhire.net/cp/?E55C6F361D43515B7E59192F7756166C0C62774B No phone calls please. Only finalists contacted. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. EOE