- Baghdad, Iraq
- Entry Level / Mid Career
- Last Date To Apply
- Date Posted
4points is a woman-owned Iraqi company that was founded in 2007, though its management team has been working together in the Middle East since 2003 at the grass-roots level. 4points promotes economic development in Iraq and includes work in areas such as, training, education, project planning and management, surveys and assessments, logistics and support for conferences and workshops, and capacity building for Iraqi government institutions, civil society organizations and small businesses. 4points implements various projects throughout Iraq for USAID, US Embassy, World Bank, USIP and MEPI.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Managing the financial affairs of the Company, which includes the financial activities at the offices located in Baghdad (headquarters), Erbil and Basra. Overseeing the financial affairs of the company as it relates to clients and partners as well as all the company’s various and ongoing projects.
- Support business development through planning, budgeting, and the preparation of feasibility studies of projects and initiatives.
- Interaction with clients and partners regarding contract negotiations and payment terms and timing for services provided.
- A key contributor to the strategic planning process with a focused on the financial involvement of the company.
- Responsible for the management, supervision, and development of the finance department and its staff.
- Work with senior staff to ensure compliance of all internal procedures and policies at all times, and develop an effective monitoring to better ensure compliance.
- Manage the updating of the company’s procedures and policies with at least an annual review.
- Responsible for accurate accounting for project profitability to include the issuance of invoices and the tracking of account receivables.
- Communicate and coordinate with senior staff monthly to present financial reports on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis that includes budget versus actual for the balance sheet, profit and loss statement and variance analysis.
- Accurate and timely communication of project financial performance to project supervisors, with emphasis on budget variances.
- Adhere to financial policies and procedures, as well as project timelines and deadlines.
- Be pro-active in identifying opportunities for greater efficiencies as well developing effective income and expense improvement initiatives.
- Minimum four-year university degree, preferably with a focus in international studies with an emphasis in accounting and finance.
- Advanced degree preferred, or minimum of 1-2 years of business administrative experience that includes budget management coupled with familiarization with Quickbooks.
- Ability to interface and communicate with co-workers and clients effectively.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks, while showing strong leadership skills.
- Experience working in a multi-cultural environment with Middle East exposure preferred.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, with skills in PowerPoint and Adobe.
- Alison Wittenberg
- 964 780 9146576
Please send all CVs and inquiries to Alison Wittenberg, Director of Programs, at email@example.com.