Technical Specialists, Enabling Environment for Agriculture ProjectAPPLY ONLINE
- Tetra Tech
- Organization URL:
- Mid Career
- Date Posted
Tetra Tech ARD (http://www.tetratechintdev) is accepting expressions of interest from qualified local and regional candidates for a range of technical specialist and administrative positions needed to staff the anticipated USAID-funded Feed the Future (FTF) Enabling Environment for Agriculture Project in Uganda. The objective of the activity is to increase the value of agricultural production and trade. The project will focus on four intermediate results: 1) Removal of policy and regulatory constraints to agricultural production, processing, marketing and trade, 2) Strengthened capacity of Government of Uganda (GOU) institutions to facilitate agricultural development and trade, 3) Strengthened capacity of GOU institutions to respond to climate change impacts on agriculture, and 4) Strengthened capacity of private sector and civil society organizations to contribute to and influence policy decisions related to agriculture development, agriculture trade, and climate change adaptation.
Tetra Tech ARD seeks candidates for the following Senior Technical Positions:
- Senior Agricultural Specialist
- Senior Climate Change Specialist
- Senior Agricultural Trade and Policy Specialist
Candidates for the Senior Technical Positions must fulfill the following qualifications:
- A minimum of a Master's degree in a related field of expertise;
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant professional experience in the field of interest (Climate Change Management/Adaptation, Agricultural Trade and Policy, Agricultural Development);
- Prior experience working on agricultural and/or policy projects funded by USAID or by other major donors;
- Experience strengthening the capacity of public and private sector institutions in the agricultural sector;
- Professional, relevant experience in Uganda is essential, regional experience also highly preferred;
- Fluency in English language (reading, speaking and writing);
- Local (Ugandan) language skills essential; and
- Private sector agribusiness experience (management, production, etc.) highly desirable.
Tetra Tech ARD also seeks candidates for the following Technical Specialists:
- Agriculture Technical Specialist
- Climate Change Adaptation Specialist
- Trade and Policy Specialist
- Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
- Communications Specialist
- Information Knowledge Management Specialist
- Youth and Gender Specialist
Candidates for the Technical Specialist Positions must fulfill the following qualifications:
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in a related field of expertise;
- A minimum of 7 years of relevant professional experience in the field of interest;
- Prior experience working on agricultural and/or policy projects; and
- Strong English language skills (reading, speaking and writing).
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of this on-line application process:
* A letter of application explaining individual qualifications for this opportunity
* A current CV in reverse chronological format
* A list of at least 3 professional references including name, contact information, and statement of relationship to the reference
- Sandra Pico
In addition to a collaborative and family-friendly work environment, Tetra Tech ARD values diverse, energetic, and enthusiastic team players who are committed to high levels of performance and who are dedicated to providing superior services at all levels of the firm.
Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
Tetra Tech is committed to diversity and gender equality in all of its operations – in the US and overseas. We strive to reflect these goals in our global mission and in our workplace. We encourage applications from women and underrepresented ethnic, racial and cultural groups. Tetra Tech is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.