China salaried teaching positions with concurrent M.A. degree from Concordia University IrvineAPPLY ONLINE
- Concordia University
- (Irvine, CA and China), China
- Salary Range:
- 72000 Chinese Yuan
- Non Profit
- Organization URL:
- http://1530 Concordia West
- Entry Level
- Last Date To Apply
- Date Posted
Program Name: Master of Arts in International Studies (MAIS) with Concordia University Irvine (fully accredited by Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
Concentrations to choose from: International Business, International Education, International Development.
Cities to be placed in China: Shanghai, Hangzhou, Nanjing, Kunming, and their nearby cities
How does the program work?
(1) Program starts once a year with one intensive summer at Irvine, southern California campus;
(2) Fall, Spring and the next summer semesters in China (teaching, studying, researching, traveling and more).
(3) Expected time to complete the program with M.A. degree: 12-18 months.
Program at a glance:
n Academic degree program (MA degree) with Concordia University Irvine
n Concurrent China employment with full benefits (teaching English or teaching a subject of your strength in English)
n Cities to work at in China: Shanghai, Hangzhou, Nanjing, Kunming and other cities
n Three concentrations to choose from: International Business, International Education and International Development
n Accelerated program: 12-18 months to complete
n One summer semester on US campus, with the rest of the semesters in China
n Supervision and support from our representative office in China
n TESOL certificate awarded before going to China
n No prior Mandarin language skills required (proficient Mandarin-speaking applicants will benefit by opting out of the Mandarin course, though)
n Cohort-based program that starts every June
n Networking opportunities and more
n Field thesis research in China
n No GRE/GMAT required
n Military veterans are welcome to apply, too. Post 9/11 GI Bill approved institution with B. A. H. included for both the on-campus summer semester and your Fall and Spring semesters in China.
China Employment Benefits:
· Monthly salary (amount is dependent upon qualifications and placement)
· Housing or housing allowance
· Legal work visa in China
· Reimbursement of round economy class air ticket (China-US)
With the MA degree in hand, MAIS alumni are currently engaged in:
· Doctoral/advanced professional studies
· NPB/NGP Work
· US Foreign Service
· Mediation/conflict Resolution
· International Education
· Corporate & Workplace Training
· Global Marketing & Consulting
· Multinational Import& Export
· Entrepreneurial Ventures
· Hold a bachelor’s degree before cohort start in June, 2013;
· Have a minimum 2.75 GPA
· Are native English speakers or equivalent
· Has clear background for teaching/ interacting with students
· Desire to teach in a new cultural settings
· Are prepared to learn, serve, and lead
· Possess cultural sensitivity, responsibility, diligence, resilience, independence, and ethical character
- Yi Schuler
How to apply:
To apply, please go to: www.cui.edu/applyonline
To request additional info, please go to: www.cui.edu/MAISRequestInfo
For more info, visit our website at: www.cui.edu/mais
Regular deadline: March 1, 2013 but don’t wait till the last moment to apply as it takes time to get you ready for the job placement in China!
Dr. Yi Schuler at email@example.com or by phone at 949 214 3376.