Research Fellow (Consultant)APPLY ONLINE
- American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative
- Washington, DC
- Non Profit
- Organization URL:
- Entry Level / Mid Career
- Last Date To Apply
- Date Posted
ABA ROLI is a non-profit program that implements legal reform programs in roughly 60 countries around the world. ABA ROLI has nearly 700 professional staff working abroad and in its Washington, D.C. office. ABA ROLI’s host country partners include judges, lawyers, bar associations, law schools, court administrators, legislatures, ministries of justice and a wide array of civil society organizations, including human rights groups.
The ABA Rule of Law Initiative is seeking a Research Fellow for a minimum four-month term beginning in March 2013 or earlier. The fellow will work supporting short- and long-term research projects related to ABA ROLI’s thematic areas of access to justice and human rights, anti-corruption and public integrity, criminal law reform and anti-human trafficking, judicial reform, legal education reform and civic education, legal profession reform, and women’s rights. Examples of current projects include an anti-corruption assessment in Morocco, a judicial training assessment in Africa’s Great Lakes region, and a court administration guide in Kazakhstan.
- Conduct in-depth legal research and provide written analysis of issues related to the rule of law and legal reform;
- Assist in Ddrafting papers, guides, and other resource materials on substantive issues related to justice sector reform;
- Work on assignments that include developing and implementingProvide research and editorial support for the ABA Rule of Law Initiative’s legal assessment tools;
- Other research and writing duties as needed.
- Law graduate or lawyer (a US law license is not required) with a background in international law;
- Excellent legal research and writing skills;
- Fluency in French or Russian is strongly preferred.
To apply, please visit http://abanet.devhire.devex.com/jobs/326855. Due to the high volume of applicants, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.