Lifeline InternAPPLY ONLINE
- Freedom House
- Washington, DC
- Non Profit
- Organization URL:
- Date Posted
promotes the spread of freedom and democracy around the world through research, effective advocacy, and programs that support frontline activists. We are a leader in identifying threats to freedom through our highly regarded analytic reports, including Freedom in the World, Freedom of the Press, Freedom on the Net, Nations in Transit, and Countries at the Crossroads. With 13 field offices and two U.S. offices, we support the right of every individual to be free.
The Intern will assist with logistical, research, and administrative support for emergency assistance funds. She/he will have the opportunity to gain experience in program administration, donor financial rules and regulations, developing grant proposals and Freedom House methodology. This position is based in Washington, DC and reports to the Director for HRDF/Lifeline programs.
Some Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist with web content and document design for the Lifeline Fund and related programs
- Assist with background research needed for proposals and program activities
- Provide administrative and logistical support for day-to-day functioning of programs
- Assist with database maintenance
- Attend regionally and/or thematically appropriate events and other external meetings as needed
- Assist with other related projects as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or current college or graduate student
- Strong ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to communicate effectively in French or Spanish preferred
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of human rights, democracy and international development concepts
- Demonstrable experience in carrying out web and document design
- Knowledge of basic accounting principles and grant-related compliance requirements preferred
- Experience living, volunteering, working, or studying in another country/region preferred
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding all aspects of work at all times
Qualified and Interested applicants
We invite qualified candidates to send a resume, and cover letter to: email@example.com or fax at (202) 822-3893, Attention: HR Dept., referencing 2013-019 Lifeline Intern in the subject line. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only candidates authorized to work in the U.S. without restrictions need apply.