Country Director, China (Staff)APPLY ONLINE
- American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative
- Beijing, China
- Non Profit
- Organization URL:
- Last Date To Apply
- Date Posted
ABA ROLI is a non-profit program that implements legal reform programs in roughly 60 countries around the world. ABA ROLI has nearly 700 professional staff working abroad and in its Washington, D.C. office. ABA ROLI’s host country partners include judges, lawyers, bar associations, law schools, court administrators, legislatures, ministries of justice and a wide array of civil society organizations, including human rights groups.
ABA ROLI seeks candidates to fill one (1) China Country Director position based in Beijing, China. The China Country Director will be responsible for developing, implementing, and evaluating ABA ROLI’s rule of law programs in China. Our programs cover a broad range of substantive areas including women’s rights, criminal justice reform, environmental protection, and civil society capacity building. Programming approaches include training, pilot projects, and practical research to support policy reform. This position will require substantial travel within China.
This is a full-time staff position, with a competitive compensation and benefits package.
- Maintain a cooperative working relationship with program partners;
- Supervise local staff to implement program plans pursuant to program objectives;
- Participate in and provide technical assistance to program activities conducted by program partners;
- Ensure compliance with donor requirements, including producing quarterly and final reports.
- Juris Doctor or equivalent law degree;
- At least ten years of practical legal experience, with a minimum of five years working on donor-funded international legal reform programs, preferably in China;
- Demonstrated planning, management, analytical, and writing skills;
- Fluency in English;
- Proficiency in both written and spoken standard Chinese (Mandarin) (preferred);
- Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills;
- Familiarity with the Chinese legal system, as well as the current political and cultural context. This position is available immediately.
To apply, please visit: http://www.americanbar.org/utility/about_the_aba/employment_at_the_aba/aba_job_search.html. Due to the high volume of applicants, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.