Grants and Information Officer, IraqAPPLY ONLINE
- Non Profit
- Organization URL:
- Date Posted
Since 1963 and in 145 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has 84 projects in 40 countries and revenues of approximately $168 million.
Grants and Information Officer, Iraq
We are currently seeking a Grants and Information Officer for a medium-term (6-month) assignment on a current USAID-funded project in Iraq. The project, Broadening Participation through Civil Society (BPCS), is implemented by ACDI/VOCA under a subaward from Mercy Corps International. It is a civil society strengthening program aimed at fostering an increasingly professional, interactive and interconnected Iraqi civil society that offers greater opportunities for citizens to contribute to and benefit from the country’s development. The Grants and Information Officer, in coordination with Mercy Corps, is responsible for managing subgrants to civil society organizations (CSOs) and supporting information, reporting and communication for the program. The anticipated start date is mid-March 2013.
- Manage and train Subgrants and Information staff to train and coach selected CSOs in grant development, implementation, monitoring and reporting.
- Oversee disbursements of subgrants and monitor grant implementation activities to help ensure compliance per subgrant agreement(s).
- Manage tracking of program information including development of internal database and assisting other departments in providing information to feed into the database, ensuring quality data is entered in a timely manner.
- Coordinate writing of weekly, quarterly, annual and ad-hoc project reports, presentations and updates as necessary.
- Train and coach Subgrants and Information staff to be able to independently write reports.
- Assist with programmatic external communications, including with Mercy Corps and other partners as well as letters to government officials and stakeholders and outreach materials, with quality and consistency.
- Demonstrated experience in documenting program or work results for donors, government officials and other key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated grant management experience and knowledge of USAID rules and regulations.
- Familiarity with USAID or similar international donor reporting requirements, including experience with USAID’s marking and branding requirements.
- Experience working in developing countries, with experience in or knowledge of the Middle East preferred.
- Good computer skills, including familiarity with Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Photoshop and other graphic design software programs.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and on high-profile, results-oriented projects.
- Ability to work in difficult environments with tight living and working accommodations.
- Strong interpersonal skills and cross-cultural aptitude.
- Native English speaker; Arabic and/or Kurdish language skills a plus.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- ACDI/VOCA International Recruitment
Please apply online at http://acdivoca.maxhire.net/cp/?E55565361D43515B7E59192F7756166B0D62774B. No phone calls please. Only finalists contacted. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. EOE.