Senior Manager, Information Technology
- Freedom House
- Washington, DC
- Non Profit
- Organization URL:
- Date Posted
Freedom House promotes the spread of freedom and democracy around the world through research, effective advocacy, and programs that support frontline activists. We are a leader in identifying threats to freedom through our highly regarded analytic reports, including Freedom in the World, Freedom of the Press, Freedom on the Net, Nations in Transit, and Countries at the Crossroads. With 13 field offices and two U.S. offices, we support the right of every individual to be free.
The Senior Manager for Information Technology will oversee and manage Freedom House's day-to-day IT functions in our field offices and US-based offices. She/he will work with end-users, third-party network and IT support vendors and consultants to develop, implement, and maintain flexible IT security solutions (with a preference toward open-source solutions), dictated by the needs of a rapidly evolving security-conscious environment. The selected candidate will be a results-oriented professional who can achieve tangible improvements in the information security and IT support arenas. This position is based in Washington DC and reports to the Executive Vice President.
Some Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and coordinate IT helpdesk support services in collaboration with all users
- Closely manage IT support vendor to ensure first-rate customer service and support
- Coordinate the team of security experts and vendors who safeguard the company's IT assets, intellectual property and computer systems to identify, implement, train staff on, and maintain information security solutions to enhance the organization’s data and communication efforts
- Develop, maintain and keep current and relevant Freedom House's Intranet system
- Ensure maintenance of accurate and complete inventory of all IT equipment and software
- Ensure maintenance of IT procedures and systems documentation and ensure staff are properly trained
- Other related duties as assigned.
We offer great benefits including:
- 100% employer-paid dental insurance
- 100% employer-paid health insurance; or generously subsidized depending on selected option
- 100% employer-paid life insurance and accidental death and dismemberment
- 100% employer-paid short-term disability and long-term disability insurance
- Supplemental/voluntary life insurance for employee, spouse, and child(ren)
- 403(b) Retirement Plan with generous matching funds with 2 year 100% vesting schedule
- Flexible Spending Accounts for medical and dependent care reimbursable expenses
- Transportation pre-tax payroll deduction for metro, and garage parking in DC
- Generous paid vacation leave, sick leave, personal leave, and holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement for graduate studies
- And much more……
- Master’s degree in information systems or related field
- Minimum 10-12 years of directly related experience, with at least 4 years managing IT
- Experience in project management, licensing with Microsoft Windows based solutions such as Windows Server, Exchange, SharePoint, etc.
- Experience managing staff and resources in website development and maintenance, plus experience with Drupal Content Management Software
- Ability to effectively coordinate with phone and internet service providers to ensure service level agreements and project objectives are met
- Experience in IT disaster recovery planning, preparation and implementation
- Strong ability to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to anticipate and proactively address the IT needs of the organization and its end users
- Strong ability to communicate IT-related concepts to a range of technical and non-technical staff
- Ability to effectively handle stressful situations and meet tight deadlines
- Highly self-motivated and directed with strong organizational skills
- Commitment to maintaining the highest standard of customer service with outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Expert project management skills from conception through implementation, and close-out
- Flexibility, adaptability, and strong ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities in multiple locations
- Excellent interpersonal skills to successfully work with contacts and stakeholders in diverse and cross-cultural environments, with sensitivity and a high degree of courtesy
- Superb ability to apply good judgment in dealing with contacts, and problem resolution
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of confidentiality regarding all aspects of work at all times
Qualified and Interested applicants
We invite qualified candidates to send a resume, and cover letter with salary history and desired salary (only candidates who send salary requirements will be considered for the position) to: email@example.com or fax at (202) 822-3893, Attention: HR Dept., referencing 2013-002 SMIT. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
Only candidates authorized to work in the U.S. without any restrictions need apply.