Logistics Manager, HaitiAPPLY ONLINE
- Non Profit
- Organization URL:
- Mid Career / Advanced
- Last Date To Apply
- Date Posted
Since 1963 and in 145 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has 84 projects in 40 countries and revenues of approximately $168 million.
Logistics Manager, Haiti
We are currently seeking a Logistics Manager for The Expanded Food Security Safety Net Response for the Southeast Department of Haiti project. The Logistics Manager’s responsibilities include managing the overall design, implementation, and reporting of the project’s non-food item (NFI) management and distribution in the field. S/he will be responsible for overseeing and implementing non-food item distribution activities and for the transport and dispatch of all NFIs, including oversight of distribution of agricultural inputs, hygiene and sanitation items, tools for rehabilitation of health fixed points, and tools for Cash for Work activities. The Logistics Manager will work closely with the Chief of Party and the office staff in Jacmel and Port-au-Prince throughout the program implementation in the Southeast Department of Haiti. The Logistics Manager will supervise the Field Logistician.
- Provide management and technical oversight to all NFI management related activities.
- Responsible for non-food item distribution schedules for all program activities managed by ACDI/VOCA and setting up tracking systems for non-food items and all electronic NFI reporting.
- With the Procurement Manager, the Logistics Manager is responsible for negotiating with private contractors, coordinating delivery of NFIs to field sites and signing off.
- Work closely with agricultural extensionists, ground organizers, nutrition coordinator, and financial and administrative staff to ensure proper receipt and use of non-food items.
- Ensure appropriate systems are in place for proper warehousing, transport and distribution of non-food items.
- Ensure proper inventory control and reconciliation at warehouses and distribution points.
- Make frequent visits to the field, warehouses and distribution points to oversee non-food item distributions and other logistics, and to ensure compliance with accepted procedures and principles.
- Supervise the field logistician and assist her/him in the coordination and processing of final distributions.
- Ensure that financial and administrative staff have adequate knowledge in non-food item management, end-use monitoring, record maintenance and report preparation.
- Report to the Chief of Party on technical and administrative aspects of the project, as well as all issues related to community relationships.
- Cultivate good relations with local Haitian authorities, REPONSE Seed Network, and beneficiaries in targeted communes. Develop, liaise and maintain relationships with other organizations to enhance program development, as appropriate.
- Oversee budgets to ensure all non-food item management activity expenditures are in compliance with ACDI/VOCA and donor policies and regulations as well as within the scope of the approved program budget and program implementation timeframe.
- Coordinate and communicate with the program staff, stakeholders and partners involved in project implementation including progress updates, revisions to pipelines and timely contributions to donor reports.
- Ensure quality development of project reports, contracts, and other programming documents, and monitor ongoing activities to ensure they are achieving the intended objectives and are in full compliance with donor regulations.
- Ensure implementation of donor regulations and ACDI/VOCA non-food item management for proper management and control of NFIs from warehouse to beneficiaries.
- Minimum of 10 years overseas experience in the international development field is required
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g., logistics, supply chain management, business management or other related field) is highly desirable
- Experience in supply chain management in an emergency environment, including procurement, transport and distribution, warehouse and stock management. Work experience in the evaluation of emergency programs in Haiti or Francophone Africa is required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the field of people and project management
- Prior experience with USAID projects, procedures, policies, and reporting requirements is required; prior experience with Title II projects is highly preferred
- Effective record of building relationships with governmental organizations as well as private and community organizations is required
- Established track record of achieving results within difficult working environments is required
- Fluency in French and Creole is required. Working knowledge of English is an asset.
- ACDI/VOCA International Recruitment
Please apply online at http://acdivoca.maxhire.net/cp/?E55C6F361D43515B7E59192F775619630262774B. No phone calls please. Only finalists contacted. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. EOE.