Cash for Work Manager, HaitiAPPLY ONLINE
- Non Profit
- Organization URL:
- Mid Career / Advanced
- Last Date To Apply
- Date Posted
Since 1963 and in 145 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has 84 projects in 40 countries and revenues of approximately $168 million.
Cash for Work Manager, Haiti
We are currently seeking a Cash for Work Manager for The Expanded Food Security Safety Net Response for the Southeast Department of Haiti project. Cash For Work activities will complement our on-going MYAP developmental and proposed emergency supplemental activities. The seven month program will be implemented in the seven communes of the Southeast Department: Grand Gosier, Anse à Pitres, Côtes de Fer, Bainet, La Vallée, Belle Anse, and Thiotte. The program will target able-bodied persons, ensuring that at least 40 percent of persons selected are women. The Cash for Work activities will serve to provide immediate cash and act as an income safety net for the worst affected rural households. The Cash for Work activities will strengthen food purchasing power for targeted emergency-affected households at risk of experiencing acute hunger due to loss of income. Cash for Work activities will be identified and prioritized with strong participation by local authorities, community groups, and leaders. ACDI/VOCA Cash for Work activities will be implemented only on public lands.
- Under the general supervision of the Chief of Party, provide guidance for all components of the Cash For Work program, and provide technical support to all work-related activities.
- Provide a work environment that is non-discriminatory and promote an open dialogue on gender issues in order to better meet the goals and objectives of the Cash for Work program.
- Coordinate communication with MYAP staff, stakeholders, and partners involved in the implementation of the project, including status updates of all activities and reports for the donor.
- Oversee budgets to ensure that all expenditures are in compliance with the policies and regulations of ACDI / VOCA and the donor, and that they remain within the approved budget and schedule established for the program.
- Ensure that all Cash for Work program activities are designed and implemented in compliance with the standards and procedures of USAID’s environmental policy in Haiti, USAID EFSP regulations, and ACDI / VOCA’s guidelines and procedures. Ensure that all staff are aware of the regulations and procedures and follow these regulations and procedures during the implementation and monitoring of activities.
- Support procurement for the Cash for Work program by identifying and preparing sites and materials necessary for the successful implementation of the program.
- Ensure quality development project reports, contracts and other documents related to the program. Track activities to ensure that objectives are achieved and are in full compliance with donor regulations.
- Cultivate and maintain relationships with Haitian government agencies, local authorities, and targeted communes. Develop and maintain good relations with all organizations that can contribute to the execution of the program.
- Perform other duties as required to support ACDI / VOCA in Haiti, to maximize productivity, and to ensure the successful implementation of the Cash For Work Program.
- Minimum of 10 years overseas experience in the international development field is required
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g., agricultural engineering, management and regional planning, business management or other related field) is reliable.
- Previous experience managing a large Cash For Work Watershed project. Work experience in the evaluation of emergency programs in Haiti or Francophone Africa is required.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the field of people and project management
- Prior experience with USAID projects, procedures, policies, and reporting requirements is required; prior experience with Title II projects is highly preferred
- Effective record of building relationships with governmental organizations as well as private and community organizations is required
- Fluency in English and French is required; Haitian Creole is an asset.
- ACDI/VOCA International Recruitment
Please apply online at http://acdivoca.maxhire.net/cp/?E55C6D361D43515B7E59192F775619630062774B. No phone calls please. Only finalists contacted. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. EOE.