Postdoctoral Sabbatical FellowAPPLY ONLINE
- Monterey Institute of International Studies
- Monterey, CA
- Mid Career
- Date Posted
Postdoctoral Sabbatical Fellow
Monterey Institute Main Campus
Hire contingent upon successful completion of the following post-offer screening Criminal Background Check
During her/his year in residence in Monterey, the fellow will be expected to:
1) Publish a significant work in the field of nuclear, biological, or chemical weapons proliferation/terrorism or related delivery systems and strategies for their control.
2) Participate in the general research activities of the Center.
The search is open in regard to nonproliferation topic and area, however, CNS is especially interested in receiving applications from individuals with expertise and research interests relating to biological weapons.
This is a one year, term-limited, full-time staff position.
• Conduct research projects in the area of WMD nonproliferation and other topics relevant to nonproliferation issues and publish/prepare a substantial manuscript for publication.
• Publish articles and op-eds on nonproliferation issues.
• Give lectures on nonproliferation topics to visiting fellows, interns, and others.
• Assist with ongoing Center-wide projects on nonproliferation.
• Present research results at conferences and workshops.
• Perform other related duties as requested.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Recognized expertise in nonproliferation issues
• Proven writing ability
• Excellent communication skills
• Teaching experience
The Monterey Institute of International Studies maintains a smoke-free workplace and complies with the Federal Drug-Free Schools and Communities Act and Drug-Free Workplace Act.
Position requires light to moderate physical effort and the ability to work at a computer keyboard for extended periods of time.
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applications received by February 16, 2013 will receive priority screening.
Applicants in the process of completing their PhD requirements will be considered; title and compensation will be determined by the experience and credentials of those candidates.
Applicants must apply online and attach a curriculum vitae or resume, 3 letters of reference, and samples of publication and research.
Some postings require contact information for reference providers for confidential letters of recommendation.
Recommendation Letter Requirements
Supplemental Questions for Posting
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Letter of Recommendation 1
Letter of Recommendation 2
Letter of Recommendation 3
Additional Document 1
Additional Document 2
For more information and to apply, visit: http://apptrkr.com/301854
• Education to the level of a completed Ph.D.
- Human Resources