Hangzhou China - salaried college teaching with concurrent M. A. degree from Concordia University IrvineAPPLY ONLINE
- Concordia University
- (Irvine, CA and China), China
- Salary Range:
- 6000 Chinese Yuan
- Non Profit
- Organization URL:
- http://1530 Concordia West
- Entry Level
- Date Posted
Concordia University (Irvine)’s Master of Arts in International Studies (MAIS) program is an extraordinary opportunity to cultivate academic, cultural, research, and language skills alongside practical work experience in China – all in just on year. The MAIS program exemplifies Concordia’s mission as a Christina university, which encourages students to engage people and cultures worldwide.
After a summer of intensive courses at our Irvine campus, you head to China and immediately start living, working and studying in China. MAIS prepares you to work in China, conduct research for your Capstone Project, and negotiate living on your own in a new culture. You will concentrate in International Business or International Education, and live in Shanghai or Hangzhou, which are among China’s most important historical, intellectual, cultural and financial centers.
As a result, you will have unique opportunities to build personal and business relationships; globalize your professional resume with international experience and expertise; travel to ancient destinations, futuristic metropolises and cultural wonders; discover and pursue new interests, passions, and dreams.
· Hold a bachelor’s degree before cohort start in June, 2013;
· Have a minimum 2.75 GPA
· Are native English speakers or equivalent
· Background clearance by FBI or equivalent for teaching/ interacting with students
· Desire to teach in a new cultural settings
· Are prepared to learn, serve, and lead
· Possess cultural sensitivity, responsibility, diligence, resilience, independence, and ethical character
· Military veterans are welcome to apply, too. Post 9/11 GI Bill approved institution with B. A. H. included.
- Yi Schuler
To apply, please go to: www.cui.edu/applyonline
To request additional info, please go to: www.cui.edu/MAISRequestInfo
For more info, visit our website at: www.cui.edu/mais