Defense Bar Legal Specialist, Kyrgyzstan (Volunteer)APPLY ONLINE
- American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative
- Non Profit
- Organization URL:
- Mid Career / Advanced
- Last Date To Apply
- Date Posted
ABA ROLI is a non-profit program that implements legal reform programs in roughly 60 countries around the world. ABA ROLI has nearly 700 professional staff working abroad and in its Washington, D.C. office. ABA ROLI’s host country partners include judges, lawyers, bar associations, law schools, court administrators, legislatures, ministries of justice and a wide array of civil society organizations, including human rights groups.
The ABA Rule of Law Initiative is seeking a pro bono Legal Specialist to assist a program in Kyrgyzstan developing a Defense Bar. The Legal Specialist will work closely with local partners, field-based and Washington, DC-based program staff in helping to establish and build the capacity of this new organization. The position will cover substantive and administrative tasks, as well as report writing. Ideally, the Legal Specialist will start in late January or February of 2013 and stay for 8 months to a year.
- Working with local partners and field-based staff to build the capacity of the Defense Bar;
- Writing and editing regular reports as well as proposals and outreach pieces as needed;
- Developing a work plan and drafting concept papers;
- Monitoring and evaluation.
- Experience as a bar executive;
- Ability to photograph and document events for communications materials;
- Experience living and traveling abroad;
- Native English;
- Russian language proficiency is desirable;
- Law degree desirable.
To apply, please visit http://abanet.devhire.devex.com/jobs/326692. Due to the high volume of applicants, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.