Policy Analyst, Indian SubcontinentAPPLY ONLINE
- Center for Advanced Defense Studies
- Washington, DC
- Salary Range:
- Commensurate with Experience, Full Benefits including 401k, medical/dental/vision, paid vacation and sick leave.
- Non Profit
- Organization URL:
- Entry Level / Mid Career
- Last Date To Apply
- Date Posted
The Center for Advanced Defense Studies has an opportunity for a Policy Analyst with extensive knowledge of the Indian subcontinent’s strategic environment.
In this role you will work with a team of three other analysts using data-driven approaches to model internal and external risks, threats, and vulnerabilities related to Indian security; translate official and unofficial publications, formal and informal media; assess likely future policy development to address these challenges; analyze cross-cutting Asian security themes and the interactions between countries in the Middle East, South Asia, and East Asia related to projected future scenarios; publish findings and brief senior public and private sector leadership.
This position has flexible hours.
About the Center
The Center for Advanced Defense Studies is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization dedicated to researching the global security implications of existing and emerging conflicts. Our approach emphasizes the importance of understanding individual and group behavior across the spectrum and phases of conflict, leveraging access to local experts and their knowledge of traditional social and cultural systems.
At the same time, we recognize that emerging technology has empowered networks and individuals to work both for and against global stability and security. We seek to combine this knowledge of traditional systems, access to conflict zones, and understanding of emerging technologies and data-driven analysis to help solve these rapidly evolving security and stability challenges.
· Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred
· Advanced proficiency/fluency in Hindi; other relevant languages and dialects highly desirable
· Experience living and working in India is preferred
· Ability to work well as part of a team of analysts
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Proficiency in full Microsoft Office suite required
· Some experience with Geographic Information Systems (GIS), link analysis software, statistical analysis packages, or programming languages preferred
The ideal candidate would also be comfortable using open-source data collection and analysis tools and methodologies, building datasets, and adhering to rigorous academic standards and principles of research design.
- Hiring Manager
Please submit to email@example.com: a current CV, 2-3 page writing sample, and a short (2-3 paragraphs) cover letter (email format is acceptable) outlining your understanding of the interaction between traditional social systems and emerging technologies, and how the global proliferation of data can help us understand and clarify an increasingly complex and unstructured world.