- Accordia Global Health Foundation
- Washington , DC
- Salary Range:
- Salary is commensurate with experience; excellent benefits package.
- Non Profit
- Organization URL:
- Entry Level
- Last Date To Apply
- Date Posted
The Development Associate provides critical support to the development team including research, cultivation, proposal development, communications, logistical and other assistance for a full range of development priorities.
A primary responsibility for the Associate is supporting the development team in generating new support for Accordia’s programs through the cultivation of individuals, corporations and foundations. This includes researching funding sources as well as proposal writing and development and creating and distributing constituent communications, including, but not limited to, invitations, donation acknowledgement letters and receipts, and other critical correspondence.
Additional responsibilities include the management and maintenance of the organizations’ constituent database (RESULTS Plus), producing queries and mailing lists, entering, updating and maintaining accurate data and generating fundraising reports.
The Associate will also provide departmental and project administrative support, including: word processing; preparation of presentations and reports; and maintaining project timelines, a development calendar and development records and files.
The Associate will also provide logistical support on a variety of donor focused events.
In summary, key responsibilities include the following:
- Conduct research and provide proposal development support for potential funding opportunities
- Oversee and maintain database of all gifts, pledges, grants, and development opportunities
- Create development reports as needed for internal and external audiences
- Create and distribute donor communications including acknowledgment letters
- Provide logistical support for donor cultivation and fundraising events
- Work to facilitate continuous improvement of database and development tracking systems
- Coordinate with Finance department on reconciliations
- Support other development activities as required
The qualified candidate will possess:
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Two to four years of related experience and interest in global health
- Outstanding written, verbal, and organizational skills, including an ability to meet deadlines, and attention to detail and follow-through.
- Knowledge and experience with one or more fundraising software databases; experience with Results Plus and Convio are ideal
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong communication skills, including interpersonal and phone skills
- An ability to multi-task and prioritize
- A professional manner and will be an enthusiastic and energetic self-starter who works well independently and as a team member
- Sarah Henry
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Sarah Henry at email@example.com