Portfolio Manager, IndonesiaAPPLY ONLINE
- Non Profit
- Organization URL:
- Last Date To Apply
- Date Posted
Since 1963 and in 145 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in enterprise development, agribusiness, financial services, community development and food security to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has 79 projects in 39 countries and revenues of approximately $168 million.
Portfolio Manager, Indonesia
We are currently seeking a Portfolio Manager on an upcoming initiative in Indonesia funded by AusAid entitled PRISMA. The objective of the program is to contribute to reduced poverty and increased competitiveness of poor male and female farmers in four Districts in each of the following provinces: East Java, NTT, NTB, Papua, West Papua. The program aims to achieve this through improved farmer practices, increased access to input and output markets, and improved business enabling environment at the regional level. While this program will require a systems approach (i.e., taking into account multiple commodities and value chains), entry points for engagement with local markets are likely to be found in commodities such as seaweed, maize, peanuts, cattle and livestock, and cocoa. The Portfolio Manager will lead overall project implementation and manage overarching administration of all activities. All project staff are to be based in Surabaya and salaries will be commensurate with qualifications and experience and competitive with local market conditions. Possible start date is July 2013, and the position is subject to ACDI/VOCA with its partners being awarded the program. The program design summary can be found at: http://www.ausaid.gov.au/business/Documents/aipd-rural-summary-design-document.pdf
- Manage the selection and regular assessment of agricultural sectors for the Program portfolio
- Supervise the preparation and revision of sector strategies of systemic constraints, intervention areas and intervention concepts;
- Oversee the establishment and operation of the Project’s Matching Grant fund for public-private partnerships at the district level
- Ensure that financial management, accounting, procurement and auditing functions are carried out, in accordance with GoA requirements and Program procedures.
- Oversee and quality assure all contracting, financial management and administrative support systems and activities.
- Establish planning and reporting documents in line with the AIPD overall planning and reporting system
- Advise and assist the Deputy Program Director on recruitment and selection strategies
- Lead staff recruitment, contracting, Program administration, procurement and finance, in line with AusAID regulations and AIPD management strategies
- Provide timely and quality oversight of planning, budgeting, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of the Program as a whole and its interventions
- Guide the AIPD-Rural team, including directing, coaching, mentoring and performance assessment and management as well as staff development
- Contribute to the development of a communication strategy
- Lead risk management and quality assurance processes, along with adherence to AIP Country Strategy’s themes of partnerships, anti-corruption, gender equality and performance orientation
- Provide leadership in the preparation of briefing papers, reports and recommendations for the PCC Sub-Committee and other governance bodies.
Successful candidates for each position will have the following qualifications:
- Master’s degree in agriculture, economics, development, finance, business, or another relevant sector preferred
- 10+ years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience in institutional reform, financial analysis/finance, investment, and related sectors
- Demonstrated expertise in market development and ability to design and implement major projects and produce major/complex reports
- Demonstrated professional leadership and ability to lead a team of professionals and ability to coach and mentor more junior staff
- At least 3 years of experience in a management position in a larger market development project and proven experience in the management of large, complex, decentralized programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated understanding of social inclusivity and gender equality and the implications for program implementation
- Experience in providing strategic direction to agri-business sectors or value chains
- Working knowledge of the “Making Markets Work for the Poor (M4P)” approach to economic development
- Knowledge of Australian Agency for International Development (AusAID procurement and project implementation procedures and processes
- Fluency in English required. Bahasa fluency strongly preferred.
- ACDI/VOCA International Recruitment
Please apply online at http://acdivoca.maxhire.net/cp/?E55C6C361D43515B7E59192F775619630762774B. No phone calls please. Only finalists contacted. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. EOE.