- U.S.-Saudi Arabian Business Council
- Vienna, VA
- Salary Range:
- Mid to Upper $30K
- Non Profit
- Organization URL:
- Mid Career
- Date Posted
The U.S.-Saudi Arabian Business Council, a non-profit organization whose mission is to promote trade and investment between the U.S. and Saudi Arabia is currently seeking a research analyst to perform market research and prepare written reports and other communication on business and economic issues.
Duties include responding to information requests and writing articles for newsletters and web site. Responsibilities will also include trade promotion and support of program activities. Some travel involved.
Bachelor’s in international economics or business plus a minimum of two years of professional experience (Master's preferred). Must be detail oriented with solid research and analytical skills and excellent communication and computer skills. Middle East experience a plus. Starting salary range mid to upper 30K, with full benefits package.
Reports to: Manager, Publications and Research
Position Summary: Analyzes business, trade, economic, and statistical information from various sources. Composes written reports and articles on U.S. and Saudi business activities for use in publications and electronic outlets. Conducts research in a variety of areas to maintain up-to-date information about the leading Saudi business sectors.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Writes reports on various industry sector activities in both the Saudi Arabian and U.S. economy. Prepares materials for speeches, conferences, and other meetings.
- Assists in editing Business Council copy pieces included in publications and electronic outlets.
- Researches and responds to member requests for information about the U.S. or Saudi Arabian business or economic environment. Drafts correspondence to respond to inquiries from Saudi Arabian and U.S. companies.
- Analyzes U.S. import/export regulations and trade promotion apparatus. Researches institutions and companies involved in export regulation and promotion in Saudi Arabia. Conducts research on the exporting process in general, and the issues relevant to the Saudi export experience.
- Coordinates Business Council social media activities, including updating posts and connecting with clients or members.
- Represents the Business Council at business and trade events around the U.S. and provides logistical support for Council programs.
- Develops ideas and strategies for new products, programs, and services.
- Perform other duties, as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in international relations or international business/economics, or a closely related field (Master’s degree preferred).
- Minimum of two years of professional work experience required, preferably related to the Middle East.
- Has a good understanding of the Arab business environment, systems, and resources.
- Has considerable knowledge of international business practices, and working knowledge of international economic issues.
- Able to prepare and analyze economic, industrial, and business reports.
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with colleagues, member companies, and officials.
- Able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, and common social media applications. Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite software a plus.
- Possesses excellent word processing and database management skills.
- Knowledge of the Arabic language a plus.
Please send resume and cover letter (email preferred) to: U.S.-Saudi Arabian Business Council, 8081 Wolftrap Road, Suite 300, Vienna, VA 22182 or email email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be notified. No phone calls, please