Chief of Party, the CaucasusAPPLY ONLINE
- Non Profit
- Organization URL:
- Last Date To Apply
- Date Posted
For almost 50 years and in over 145 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has approximately 79 projects in 39 countries and revenues of over $168 million.
Chief of Party, Caucasus region
We are currently seeking a Chief of Party (COP) for an anticipated USAID-funded agricultural strengthening and competitiveness program in the Caucasus region. The project’s focus will be to increase agricultural productivity and strengthen linkages between smallholder farmers and other actors along the value chain. COP responsibilities for this program include but are not limited to the following:
- Provide overall leadership and technical direction for the entire program.
- Design, develop and implement strategies to improve agricultural productivity and market linkages to increase rural household incomes.
- Serve as principal liaison with USAID staff, host country partners, and institutions to exchange information and develop professional relationships.
- Manage the technical input of all staff, consultants, subcontractors, and project partners.
- Lead the design and drive implementation of project work plans.
- Oversee project contract compliance with USAID and ACDI/VOCA policies and procedures.
- Oversee program administrative, human resources, budget pipeline and finances.
- Provide verbal or written presentations on the project as requested by USAID to varied audiences.
- Communicate regularly and share program information with other USAID project managers, bilateral donors, and other indigenous and international NGOs to ensure visibility of ACDI/VOCA activities.
- Contribute to the development of reports for the donor, the host country and/or ACDI/VOCA.
- Evaluate staff as necessary to ensure program success. Oversee staff capacity building.
- Represent ACDI/VOCA at meetings, workshops, and other events.
- Identify issues and risks related to program implementation in a timely manner and suggest appropriate program adjustments.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant and progressive work experience in agricultural production, economics, agribusiness, or related field.
- At least 7 years of progressively responsible supervisory work experience managing large, complex projects, preferably on USAID-funded contracts.
- Previous experience working in the Caucasus and other CIS countries.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible, creative, and collaborative across projects.
- Strong communications and interpersonal skills with evidence of ability to productively interact with a wide range and levels of organizations (government, private sector, NGOs, research institutions).
- University degree in economics, business, agriculture, international relations, or other related field.
- Fluency in English required.
- ACDI/VOCA International Recruitment
Apply by submitting your CV and supporting documents to http://acdivoca.maxhire.net/cp/?E55565361D43515B7E59192F77561B630062774B by January 31, 2013. No phone calls please. Only finalists contacted. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. EOE.