Deputy Team Lead, East and Southern AfricaAPPLY ONLINE
- Tanzania, United Republic of
- Non Profit
- Organization URL:
- Last Date To Apply
- Date Posted
Agribusiness Systems International (ASI) is a specialized international development agency based in Washington, D.C., that works to create increasingly competitive and socially inclusive industries throughout the world. As an affiliate of ACDI/VOCA, ASI draws from 49 years of experience expanding economic opportunities in 145 developing and transitional nations. ASI combines expertise and technical capacity to work with partners across both public and private sectors to promote and reinforce our development mission of empowering people to succeed in a market-driven global economy.
Deputy Team Leader, regional position based in Tanzania
ASI is seeking a Deputy Team Leader for an anticipated five year DFID funded East and Southern Africa Staple Foods Market Programme. The overall goal of this programme is to improve functioning of national and regional staple food market systems, increase regional trade in food, and contribute to benefiting over 375,000 male and female farmers. Beneficiaries will be primarily poor farmers in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Zimbabwe, Zambia, Mozambique and Malawi. The programme is expected to start in February 2013. The Deputy Team Leader may be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania or another country of focus.
The Deputy Team Leader will be a member of the Programme Management Unit and will be responsible for effective implementation of the programme. She/he will support the Team Leader to operationalize the strategic direction for the programme to achieve programme objectives. The Deputy Team Leader will be responsible for timely implementation and reporting of activities; accurate programme monitoring and evaluation; proper financial management, reporting, and spending; and compliance with programme terms and conditions. Coordination with government counterparts, implementing partners and regional offices is a critical function of this role.
This position is contingent upon ASI being awarded a contract.
- Demonstrated experience implementing a continuum of agriculture and staple foods interventions for DfID-funded programmes including: food storage and collateral management systems; supply chain coordination and information systems; markets for inputs, including seeds and fertilizer; markets for services, including advice, transport, finance, insurance, and market intelligence; and the regulatory environment affecting the success of these interventions in East and Southern Africa
- Ability to engage with government officials, policy makers, and private sector actors on market based solutions for improvements in regional trade of staple foods
- Excellent staff and programme performance manager
- Ability to integrate work streams into a cohesive programme
- Successful delivery of Making Markets Work for the Poor (M4P) programmes
- Advanced degree in business, agriculture, international development, or a related field required
- At least 6 years of programme management experience working in Deputy Team Leader role
- Ability to demonstrate use of value for money as a performance management tool
- Ability to demonstrate effective performance management of programmes of similar scale and scope requiring integrated management of programme activities
- Proven experience in the implementation of M4P, value chain and market development projects and programmes
- Local knowledge: understanding of the target East and Southern Africa economies / political economy, particularly pertaining to the staple food sectors highly preferred
- Advanced degree in management, international development, or a related field required.
- ACDI/VOCA International Recruitment
Please apply online at http://acdivoca.maxhire.net/cp/?E55568361D43515B7E59192F7756196F0562774BNo phone calls please. Only finalists contacted. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. EOE