Media Research Analyst - Southeast AsiaAPPLY ONLINE
- Georgetown University
- Washington, DC
- Salary Range:
- $45,000-$50,000 annually
- Non Profit
- Organization URL:
- Entry Level
- Last Date To Apply
- Date Posted
This is a Term Position located in Washington, DC
Region: Southeast Asia
Overview: Georgetown University is looking for individuals with multidisciplinary expertise to support a surveillance project focused on the early detection of emerging threats. Our team is seeking a Media Research Analyst to monitor the progression of emerging threats in Southeast Asia.
- Performs foreign language media surveillance and translation services to detect, track, and identify emerging threats. The analyst may be tasked with providing support to other regions or new threat domains as needed.
- Searches Internet media, reviews relevant articles, and extracts data from them.
- Writes brief reports summarizing media reporting on relevant events. Adds contextual information to reports with attention to the historical, economic, sociopolitical and cultural characteristics of Southeast Asia.
Language Requirement: Fluency in Thai REQUIRED. Additional fluency in ONE of the following languages strongly preferred (Khmer, Burmese, or Filipino).
Eligibility: US citizenship or permanent residency REQUIRED.
- BS or BA in relevant field required.
- Demonstrates strong regional knowledge of Southeast Asia.
- Advanced reading proficiency in Thai REQUIRED (Applicant will be required to pass a standardized in-house exam).
- Advanced English writing and analytical skills.
- Good interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrates self-motivation; works well in a team environment and individually.
- Strong Internet and research skills.
- US citizenship or permanent residency REQUIRED.
Benefits/Compensation: Georgetown University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to diversity in the workplace. We offer attractive benefits, including a tuition assistance program.
- Hiring Manager
Qualified applicants are required to submit a cover letter and resume online. Please clearly list your language capabilities in the cover letter and resume. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.
NO CALLS, PLEASE.