Value Chain Facilitation Specialist, TanzaniaAPPLY ONLINE
- Tanzania, United Republic of
- Non Profit
- Organization URL:
- Mid Career / Advanced
- Last Date To Apply
- Date Posted
Since 1963 and in 145 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has 84 projects in 40 countries and revenues of approximately $168 million.
Value Chain Facilitation Specialist, Tanzania
We are currently seeking a Value Chain Facilitation Specialist for current $30 million USAID-funded NAFAKA project in Tanzania focused on sustainably reducing poverty and hunger by improving the productivity and competitiveness of value chains that offer job and income opportunities for rural households. The Value Chain Facilitation Specialist will provide overall leadership in applying a value chain approach to ensure project interventions are targeted and responsive to evolving market requirements and upgrading needs. The position is will be based in Morogoro, Tanzania and will report to the Chief of Party.
- Provide technical and management support for a new coordination and integration strategy across all project activities, in multiple locations.
- Provide technical leadership, mentorship and support to team members leading the value chain competitiveness and innovation/investment activities.
- Work with team members across all components and the grants manager to develop innovation and upgrading opportunities for value chain actors using the Innovation Fund.
- Ensure grants or other partnership arrangements are made according to USAID rules and regulations, and value chain facilitation best practices.
- Support the formulation of strategies to accelerate private sector development and Public Private Partnerships.
- Ensure that program objectives are achieved on time and in compliance with all USAID, ACDI/VOCA corporate, and local partner policies and procedures.
- Master’s degree in relevant technical field, including agribusiness, agricultural economics, international development, business, or a related specialization.
- At least 7 years of experience implementing agribusiness, value chain development and competiveness projects. Demonstrated work in staple commodities preferred.
- At least 3years of supervisory experience including demonstrated experience proving direct supervision of staff, building and supervising a diverse team of employees, preforming quality evaluations of staff performance and deliverables, and providing contract management.
- Demonstrated understanding of the value chain facilitation approach or M4P approach, ideally in an African context.
- Experience developing value chain innovation grants per USAID rules and regulations.
- Fluency in English, written and spoken.
- ACDI/VOCA International Recruitment
Please apply online at http://acdivoca.maxhire.net/cp/?E55C6C361D43515B7E59192F7756196E0C62774B. No phone calls please. Only finalists contacted. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. EOE.