Judicial Training Specialist, Zambia (Consultant)APPLY ONLINE
- American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative
- Non Profit
- Organization URL:
- Mid Career
- Last Date To Apply
- Date Posted
ABA ROLI is a non-profit program that implements legal reform programs in roughly 60 countries around the world. ABA ROLI has nearly 700 professional staff working abroad and in its Washington, D.C. office. ABA ROLI’s host country partners include judges, lawyers, bar associations, law schools, court administrators, legislatures, ministries of justice and a wide array of civil society organizations, including human rights groups.
ABA ROLI recently launched a judicial training and capacity-building program in Zambia. The program seeks to enable local legal organizations to conduct human rights and judicial training needs assessments, to implement judicial training activities at the magisterial court level, and to engage justice-sector stakeholders in addressing the judicial training needs of the country’s judicial system. In order to assist local organizations in the design and implementation of the aforementioned activities, ABA ROLI is seeking a Judicial Training Specialist for a three-month consultancy, to work alongside its Project Director and local partners.
- Design and implementation of a needs assessment on the training needs of Zambian magisterial courts;
- Design and evaluation of judicial training sessions, with a focus on human rights;
- Design and organization of a national strategic planning conference to discuss judicial training infrastructure in Zambia, and opportunities for institutional strengthening.
- Must have a Juris Doctorate degree, a strong background in human rights, and at least 7-8 years of relevant experience;
- Previous experience building the capacity of judicial actors through the development of training curricula, coordination of trainings, and evaluation of training effectiveness is strongly preferred;
- Experience working in or alongside local civil society organizations, implementing judicial training programs, working on strategic planning for justice-sector institutions, and conducting needs assessments;
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
To apply, please visit http://abanet.devhire.devex.com/jobs/326511. Due to the high volume of applicants, only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.