Program Assistant, Middle East and North Africa (MENA)
- Center for International Private Enterprise
- Washington, DC
- Salary Range:
- Non Profit
- Organization URL:
- Entry Level
- Date Posted
The Center for International Private Enterprise (CIPE) strengthens democracy around the globe through private enterprise and market-oriented reform. CIPE is one of the four core institutes of the National Endowment for Democracy. Since 1983, CIPE has worked with business leaders, policymakers, and journalists to build the civic institutions vital to a democratic society. CIPE’s key program areas include anti-corruption, advocacy, business associations, corporate governance, democratic governance, access to information, the informal sector and property rights, and women and youth.
The Program Assistant for the Middle East and North Africa is responsible for providing program and administrative support for CIPE’s programs for the Middle East and North Africa region.
- Create and maintain program, financial, correspondence and contract files, both in paper form and electronically
- Process and track payment requests, field office liquidations, travel expense reports, documents for signature, narrative and financial reports, etc.
- Prepare routine correspondence and mailings
- Communicate with grantees by email and phone
- Assist in writing and compiling quarterly reports, proposals and budgets
- Handle international travel arrangements, events, and local meeting logistics
- Adhere to appropriate office procedures, CIPE and USAID policies and procedures
- Bachelors degree or equivalent required
- 1-2 years of administrative office experience
- Background in international affairs and/or the Middle East with an emphasis on political and economic issues in the Middle East.
- Fluency in written and verbal English.
- Fluency in written and verbal Arabic and/or French desirable.
- Ability to handle multiple, detail-oriented tasks simultaneously with limited supervision
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Financial skills and acumen preferred, particularly in budget creation and oversight.
- Computer skills, proficiency in MS-Office, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Internet research skills are highly desired.
To apply for this exciting opportunity, please send a resume or CV, cover letter, writing sample, and salary history to email@example.com subject “MENAPA- [YOURLASTNAME]”. No phone calls please.
There is a two-page limit on writing samples. Submissions demonstrating writer’s ability to synthesize information are preferred. Applications submitted without writing samples will not be considered.
CIPE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. CIPE offers a salary competitive with other international non-governmental organizations and an excellent benefits package. Applicants must be legally able to work in the United States; CIPE is unable to sponsor employees for work visas.