- Development Transformations
- Multiple International,
- Salary Range:
- Organization URL:
- Date Posted
Development Transformations (DT) is seeking Operations Managers for anticipated Task Orders under the USAID’s Support That Augments Rapid Transitions (START) IQC. START provides USAID’s Office of Transition Initiatives (OTI) with the means to help local partners advance peace and democracy in priority countries in transition. The Operations Manager, along with others on the DT team will work on the ground to provide fast, flexible, short-term assistance targeted at key political transition and stabilization needs in support of OTI. The Operations Managers will be responsible for program operations including but not limited to administration, logistics, procurement, budgeting, financial and property management. S/he will be required to set-up a field-based program rapidly under challenging circumstances. Specific activities will be based on the needs of the project and carried out in close collaboration with the Chief of Party.
Successful candidates must be available to deploy abroad to set up new programs on short notice – within days of Task Order award. DT anticipates that there will be multiple short-to-medium term opportunities for Operations Managers to deploy for periods as short as 30 days and as long as six months.
Duties include: Establishing and supervising day-to-day field presence in the areas of operations, administration, logistics, procurement, budgeting and financial accounting.
Development Transformations is a growing international development company that focuses on improving the capability, capacity, and effectiveness of programs and personnel working in countries in the midst of – or emerging from – conflict or political transition. DT offers program management, program design, training, analytical writing, monitoring and evaluation, and technical expertise in the fields of stabilization, transitional governance, democracy, and civil society. For more information please see www.DevelopmentTransformations.com
· Quickly set up a field-based program, including but not limited to establishing field offices and registering field offices, securing local transportation, obtaining housing, procuring security services, and hiring local staff
· Oversee all operations, including but not limited to administration, logistics, procurement, budgeting, financial and property operations
· Ensure that all operational arrangements meet USG regulations and standards, including the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), USAID Acquisition Regulation (AIDAR), and USAID Automated Directive System (ADS)
· Monitor grantee worthiness and activity implementation
· Assure that all procurement processes are fair and transparent and are perceived as such by host communities
· Supervise daily financial operations of the contract, which include cash flow management, timesheet recording, reporting to USAID/OTI on the financial aspects of the project, and daily monitoring of obligations, budgets and expenditures
· Act as the Program Director when s/he is absent from the program
Salary is commensurate with experience.
Multiple international locations to be determined
Short / Long Term Technical Assistance Contract
Development Transformations, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
· Minimum of 6 years relevant experience working on donor-funded projects in a related role and with demonstrated supervisory experience
· Demonstrated experience with direct distribution of goods and services, grants or small grants under contract programs
· Knowledgeable of USAID’s policies and procedures in regards to financial management, financial reporting, procurement processes, systems and grants management
· Demonstrated experience working in complex and unstable environments
· Self-starter, entrepreneurial attitude, and strong organization skills
- Jordan Stewart
To apply please email your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com