- Embassy of the Republic of Korea
- Washington, DC
- Organization URL:
- Entry Level / Mid Career
- Last Date To Apply
- Date Posted
The Embassy of the Republic of Korea in Washington, DC is currently accepting applications for the position of “Economic Researcher.”
Position Type: Full Time
Start Date: Mid/Late November 2012
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Research Korea-U.S. trade and investment figures, as well as bilateral and multilateral trade issues, including services trade.
• Track developments in U.S. trade policy and the Korea-U.S. Free Trade Agreement (KORUS FTA), and monitor related media coverage.
• Draft speeches, talking points, travel briefs, meeting briefings, media articles, and PowerPoint presentations based on bilateral trade and investment, as well as the KORUS FTA
• Plan events and itineraries for business outreach trips nationwide, and execute promotion programs for the KORUS FTA.
• Provide administrative support and additional duties, as needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field is required. (Master’s degree preferred.)
• An understanding of Korea-U.S. trade and investment relationship and U.S. trade policy is required.
• Previous work experience with trade and business issues is strongly preferred.
• Must be proficient with the Microsoft Office suite.
• Applicants must be a native English speaker. Fluency in Korean is not required but strongly preferred.
*Under U.S. State Department requirements, the Embassy may only employ applicants that are legally qualified to work in the United States. This includes U.S. citizens, Permanent Residence (“Green Card”) holders, and F-1 Optional Practical Training (OPT) holders. Should your F-1 OPT visa expire during the employment period, you will receive an A-2 visa from the embassy.
- Economic Section, Embassy of the Republic of Korea
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume, and two professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9 a.m. (EST) on Tuesday, November 13, 2012. Applications may be considered on a rolling basis after this date if the position is not filled. Please state “Economic Researcher Application 2012” in the subject line. Please send all inquiries through e-mail.