Great Decisions 2011 | Topic 7
Should Americans care about the Caucasus?
The countries and regions of the Caucasus all have strong national identities but have long lived in the shadow of their larger neighbors: Russia, Iran and Turkey. How does this influence the Caucasus of today? How do the region's energy resources play into its relations with the outside world?
- Caucasus Emirate Leadership Adopts 'Terror 2.0' Tactics - Geopoliticalmonitor.com
- Ingush leader comments on young people of Caucasus - vestnik kavkaza
- EU attaches importance to Nagorno-Karabakh conflict resolution - AzerNews
- Should women in South Caucasus have more social freedom? - BBC News
- Fragments of tomb stones found in North Caucasus may be enlisted among ... - ITAR-TASS
Foreign Policy Blogs
- Nagorno-Karabakh: Expect Status Quo in 2013-14
- Prisoner of the Mountains (1996)
- Georgian Elections Again an International Affair
- Peace Activist Threatened in Armenia, Azerbaijani Film Festival Cancelled
- Baku Protests Foreign Policy’s Assertion of Airbase Access for Israel