Great Decisions 2011 | Topic 7
Should Americans care about the Caucasus?
The countries and regions of the Caucasus all have strong national identities but have long lived in the shadow of their larger neighbors: Russia, Iran and Turkey. How does this influence the Caucasus of today? How do the region's energy resources play into its relations with the outside world?
- Russia and Turkey in conflict (mis)management in the Caucasus - International Peace Research Institute, Oslo
- BBG Honors RFE/RL's North Caucasus Service - RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty
- US President, Turkish PM discuss situation in Caucasus region - Trend.az
- Ingushetia, Russian North Caucasus - RIA Novosti
- Minor earthquake – Caucasus Region, Russia on May 18, 2013 - Earthquake Report
Foreign Policy Blogs
- Georgian Elections Again an International Affair
- Baku Protests Foreign Policy’s Assertion of Airbase Access for Israel
- UPDATE: Peaceful Activists Arrested, Amnesty International Reports Torture Fears
- Prisoner of the Mountains (1996)
- Peace Activist Threatened in Armenia, Azerbaijani Film Festival Cancelled