Great Decisions 2011 | Topic 7
Should Americans care about the Caucasus?
The countries and regions of the Caucasus all have strong national identities but have long lived in the shadow of their larger neighbors: Russia, Iran and Turkey. How does this influence the Caucasus of today? How do the region's energy resources play into its relations with the outside world?
- In Armenia, Putin Seeks Stronger Role in Caucasus - Asbarez Armenian News
- Russia fears fighters waging jihad in Syria could bring terror to Caucasus - Jerusalem Post
- 30 suspected militants killed in Russia's North Caucasus in Nov - PanARMENIAN.Net
- Azerbaijan is Europe of Caucasus – Argentina-based paper - News.Az
- The Caucasus needs tricky management - vestnik kavkaza
Foreign Policy Blogs
- Georgian Elections Again an International Affair
- Prisoner of the Mountains (1996)
- UPDATE: Peaceful Activists Arrested, Amnesty International Reports Torture Fears
- Peace Activist Threatened in Armenia, Azerbaijani Film Festival Cancelled
- Baku Protests Foreign Policy’s Assertion of Airbase Access for Israel