Great Decisions 2011 | Topic 7
Should Americans care about the Caucasus?
The countries and regions of the Caucasus all have strong national identities but have long lived in the shadow of their larger neighbors: Russia, Iran and Turkey. How does this influence the Caucasus of today? How do the region's energy resources play into its relations with the outside world?
- Op-Ed: Evaluating EU Policies in South Caucasus - Civil Georgia
- Armenia cause of problems in South Caucasus – Turkish FM - APA
- IS and the Caucasus - Arab News
- Horex Caucasus 2015 expo due in Baku - AzerNews
- Baku to host Horex Caucasus 2015 exhibition in April - AZERTAC News
Foreign Policy Blogs
- UPDATE: Peaceful Activists Arrested, Amnesty International Reports Torture Fears
- South Ossetian Presidential Candidate Hospitalized After Police Raid, May Leave Politics
- Azerbaijan: Blackmail Video Made Public, Possible Imminent Release of Political Prisoners
- Azeri Journalist Alleges Blackmail Attempt
- Sudden, Violent Demonstration Erupts in Northern Azerbaijan