Great Decisions 2011 | Topic 7
Should Americans care about the Caucasus?
The countries and regions of the Caucasus all have strong national identities but have long lived in the shadow of their larger neighbors: Russia, Iran and Turkey. How does this influence the Caucasus of today? How do the region's energy resources play into its relations with the outside world?
- UNESCO Calls for Investigation After Journalist Found Dead in North Caucasus - The Moscow Times
- North Caucasus youth forum "Mashuk-2014" is over - Republican Information Agency
- Moscow does not want new war in Caucasus - expert - News.Az
- “There is no Russia without the Caucasus, and no Caucasus without Russia” - vestnik kavkaza
- Caucasus can feed Russia, say experts - vestnik kavkaza
Foreign Policy Blogs
- Nagorno-Karabakh: Expect Status Quo in 2013-14
- Azerbaijan: Blackmail Video Made Public, Possible Imminent Release of Political Prisoners
- South Ossetian Presidential Candidate Hospitalized After Police Raid, May Leave Politics
- Azeri Journalist Alleges Blackmail Attempt
- Sudden, Violent Demonstration Erupts in Northern Azerbaijan