Great Decisions 2011 | Topic 7
Should Americans care about the Caucasus?
The countries and regions of the Caucasus all have strong national identities but have long lived in the shadow of their larger neighbors: Russia, Iran and Turkey. How does this influence the Caucasus of today? How do the region's energy resources play into its relations with the outside world?
- EBRD seeks to invest in South Caucasus's insurance sector - AzerNews
- Dangerous Trends Developing in the Caucasus - The Armenian Mirror-Spectator
- Ripple Effect: Ukraine and the South Caucasus - The Moscow Times
- IMF Predicts Economic Slowdowns In Caucasus, Central Asia - RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty
- Iran: Peacemaker in the Caucasus? - The National Interest Online
Foreign Policy Blogs
- Azerbaijan: Blackmail Video Made Public, Possible Imminent Release of Political Prisoners
- Azeri Journalist Alleges Blackmail Attempt
- UPDATE: Peaceful Activists Arrested, Amnesty International Reports Torture Fears
- Sudden, Violent Demonstration Erupts in Northern Azerbaijan
- South Ossetian Presidential Candidate Hospitalized After Police Raid, May Leave Politics