Great Decisions 2011 | Topic 7
Should Americans care about the Caucasus?
The countries and regions of the Caucasus all have strong national identities but have long lived in the shadow of their larger neighbors: Russia, Iran and Turkey. How does this influence the Caucasus of today? How do the region's energy resources play into its relations with the outside world?
- One Year After Leader's Death, North Caucasus Insurgency Soldiers On - RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty (blog)
- Orient Logic of Georgia win extreme sport relay in the Caucasus - Shanghai Daily (subscription)
- How to Listen - RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty
- Azerbaijan geopolitical leader of South Caucasus - AzerNews
- Caucasus Emirate eulogizes slain Ahrar al Sham leaders - Long War Journal
Foreign Policy Blogs
- South Ossetian Presidential Candidate Hospitalized After Police Raid, May Leave Politics
- Azerbaijan: Blackmail Video Made Public, Possible Imminent Release of Political Prisoners
- Azeri Journalist Alleges Blackmail Attempt
- UPDATE: Peaceful Activists Arrested, Amnesty International Reports Torture Fears
- Sudden, Violent Demonstration Erupts in Northern Azerbaijan