Great Decisions 2011 | Topic 7
Should Americans care about the Caucasus?
The countries and regions of the Caucasus all have strong national identities but have long lived in the shadow of their larger neighbors: Russia, Iran and Turkey. How does this influence the Caucasus of today? How do the region's energy resources play into its relations with the outside world?
- How Iran Is Skirting Sanctions in the Southern Caucasus - The National Interest Online
- “We will see a revival of the Jewish community in the Caucasus” - vestnik kavkaza
- The Caucasus is homeland of hospitability - vestnik kavkaza
- How West Misreports Conflict in Caucasus - Sputnik International
- Counter-Terrorism Operation Launched in North Caucasus After 2 Militants ... - The Moscow Times
Foreign Policy Blogs
- Baku Protests Foreign Policy’s Assertion of Airbase Access for Israel
- Georgian Elections Again an International Affair
- Peace Activist Threatened in Armenia, Azerbaijani Film Festival Cancelled
- Nagorno-Karabakh: Expect Status Quo in 2013-14
- Prisoner of the Mountains (1996)