Great Decisions 2011 | Topic 7
Should Americans care about the Caucasus?
The countries and regions of the Caucasus all have strong national identities but have long lived in the shadow of their larger neighbors: Russia, Iran and Turkey. How does this influence the Caucasus of today? How do the region's energy resources play into its relations with the outside world?
- Ecowatch of North Caucasus appeals its disbandment - vestnik kavkaza
- Conflicts in S.Caucasus negatively affect Turkey – PM - Trend.az
- Iran: Peacemaker in the Caucasus? - The National Interest Online
- Caucasus Peoples' Cultural Festival - vestnik kavkaza
- The Caucasus will provide Russians with fruit and vegetables - vestnik kavkaza
Foreign Policy Blogs
- South Ossetian Presidential Candidate Hospitalized After Police Raid, May Leave Politics
- UPDATE: Peaceful Activists Arrested, Amnesty International Reports Torture Fears
- Azerbaijan: Blackmail Video Made Public, Possible Imminent Release of Political Prisoners
- Azeri Journalist Alleges Blackmail Attempt
- Sudden, Violent Demonstration Erupts in Northern Azerbaijan