Great Decisions 2011 | Topic 7
Should Americans care about the Caucasus?
The countries and regions of the Caucasus all have strong national identities but have long lived in the shadow of their larger neighbors: Russia, Iran and Turkey. How does this influence the Caucasus of today? How do the region's energy resources play into its relations with the outside world?
- South Caucasus Sideshow - RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty
- What Is the EU's Game in the Caucasus Separatist Territories? - The Moscow Times
- Experts Say Conflict in North Caucasus Waning — But Far From Over - The Moscow Times
- Russia: Caucasus city attracts 'busloads' for Fifty Shades - BBC News
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' Banned in Russia's North Caucasus (Report) - Hollywood Reporter
Foreign Policy Blogs
- Baku Protests Foreign Policy’s Assertion of Airbase Access for Israel
- Peace Activist Threatened in Armenia, Azerbaijani Film Festival Cancelled
- Nagorno-Karabakh: Expect Status Quo in 2013-14
- Prisoner of the Mountains (1996)
- Georgian Elections Again an International Affair