Great Decisions 2011 | Topic 7
Should Americans care about the Caucasus?
The countries and regions of the Caucasus all have strong national identities but have long lived in the shadow of their larger neighbors: Russia, Iran and Turkey. How does this influence the Caucasus of today? How do the region's energy resources play into its relations with the outside world?
- Russia's North Caucasus region on the agenda at slide show in Pasadena - Los Angeles Times
- Rome hosts workshop on South Caucasus-EU relations - AzerNews
- EU special rep. for S.Caucasus to embark on visit to Azerbaijan - Trend.az
- Fragments of tomb stones found in North Caucasus may be enlisted among ... - ITAR-TASS
- “Russia needs long-term strategy in the Caucasus" - vestnik kavkaza
Foreign Policy Blogs
- Georgian Elections Again an International Affair
- Prisoner of the Mountains (1996)
- Baku Protests Foreign Policy’s Assertion of Airbase Access for Israel
- Peace Activist Threatened in Armenia, Azerbaijani Film Festival Cancelled
- Nagorno-Karabakh: Expect Status Quo in 2013-14