Great Decisions 2011 | Topic 7
Should Americans care about the Caucasus?
The countries and regions of the Caucasus all have strong national identities but have long lived in the shadow of their larger neighbors: Russia, Iran and Turkey. How does this influence the Caucasus of today? How do the region's energy resources play into its relations with the outside world?
- Muslim teacher killed in North Caucasus' Dagestan - ITAR-TASS
- Ukraine conflict exacerbates tensions in the Caucasus - World Socialist Web Site
- North Caucasus Fighters in Syria Pledge Allegiance - RadioFreeEurope/RadioLiberty
- Genetic Study Points to Recent Wolf-Dog Hybridization in Caucasus - Sci-News.com
- Azerbaijan to construct Caucasus` largest mosque in Baku - News.Az
Foreign Policy Blogs
- Prisoner of the Mountains (1996)
- UPDATE: Peaceful Activists Arrested, Amnesty International Reports Torture Fears
- Baku Protests Foreign Policy’s Assertion of Airbase Access for Israel
- Peace Activist Threatened in Armenia, Azerbaijani Film Festival Cancelled
- Georgian Elections Again an International Affair