Great Decisions 2011 | Topic 7
Should Americans care about the Caucasus?
The countries and regions of the Caucasus all have strong national identities but have long lived in the shadow of their larger neighbors: Russia, Iran and Turkey. How does this influence the Caucasus of today? How do the region's energy resources play into its relations with the outside world?
- Two Exhibitions Capture Life in the Caucasus - Hyperallergic
- What a Georgian Shame - Wall Street Journal
- Central Asia and the Caucasus: Rescuers harmonizing actions at a regional ... - PreventionWeb (press release)
- Russian plenipotentiary envoy to North Caucasus visits Stavropol Territory - vestnik kavkaza
- Kadyrov: Grozny has to become youth capital of North Caucasus - vestnik kavkaza
Foreign Policy Blogs
- Prisoner of the Mountains (1996)
- Georgian Elections Again an International Affair
- Baku Protests Foreign Policy’s Assertion of Airbase Access for Israel
- UPDATE: Peaceful Activists Arrested, Amnesty International Reports Torture Fears
- Peace Activist Threatened in Armenia, Azerbaijani Film Festival Cancelled