Great Decisions 2011 | Topic 7
Should Americans care about the Caucasus?
The countries and regions of the Caucasus all have strong national identities but have long lived in the shadow of their larger neighbors: Russia, Iran and Turkey. How does this influence the Caucasus of today? How do the region's energy resources play into its relations with the outside world?
- Ancient settlement of South Caucasus discovered in Azerbaijan's Tovuz - News.Az
- Georgia, Azerbaijan to hold 'Security of the Caucasus – 2014' exercises - AzerNews
- Iosif Diskin: "Ethnic Conflicts in the Caucasus are receding into the past" - vestnik kavkaza
- Problems remain in the Caucasus - Russia Beyond the Headlines
- Caucasus domestic and foreign political events in local press - vestnik kavkaza
Foreign Policy Blogs
- Azerbaijan: Blackmail Video Made Public, Possible Imminent Release of Political Prisoners
- Nagorno-Karabakh: Expect Status Quo in 2013-14
- Azeri Journalist Alleges Blackmail Attempt
- South Ossetian Presidential Candidate Hospitalized After Police Raid, May Leave Politics
- Sudden, Violent Demonstration Erupts in Northern Azerbaijan