Great Decisions 2011 | Topic 5
Is it time for the U.S. to declare a special relationship with Germany?
Germany has emerged from both the financial crisis and the eurozone crisis as the dominant economic and political power in Europe, in particular setting the tone for dealings with Russia, Eastern Europe and Iran. How important is it for U.S, interests to enhance relations with Germany, and how should the U.S. react when German and U.S. interests fail to align?
- Germany ponders ground-breaking law to combat work-related stress - The Guardian
- Why Germans pay cash for almost everything - Quartz
- A visit from the Gulf: Qatar's emir in Germany - Deutsche Welle
- Netflix to launch in Germany this week » - The Local.de
- Germany Bans All ISIS-related Activity - Rudaw
- More News
Foreign Policy Blogs
- Does the Greek Golden Dawn party threaten European unity?
- 2013 Year in Review: The State of European Affairs
- Talking Defense – Part 3 – A PR coup for the CSDP?