Great Decisions 2011 | Topic 5
Is it time for the U.S. to declare a special relationship with Germany?
Germany has emerged from both the financial crisis and the eurozone crisis as the dominant economic and political power in Europe, in particular setting the tone for dealings with Russia, Eastern Europe and Iran. How important is it for U.S, interests to enhance relations with Germany, and how should the U.S. react when German and U.S. interests fail to align?
- And the world's favorite country is … Germany? - Reuters Blogs (blog)
- German leftists agree historic deal to rule in Thuringia - BBC News
- Germany frees Russian spy - Deutsche Welle
- German plea to Sweden over threat to coal mines - Financial Times
- England women v Germany: Wembley game 'fantastic occasion' - BBC Sport
- More News
Foreign Policy Blogs
- Ukraine: Time for Bold Magnanimity from EU
- Talking Defense – Part 2 – Reflection on a needed European Security Strategy
- Talking Defense – Part 1: The Road to December European Council summit