Great Decisions 2011 | Topic 5
Is it time for the U.S. to declare a special relationship with Germany?
Germany has emerged from both the financial crisis and the eurozone crisis as the dominant economic and political power in Europe, in particular setting the tone for dealings with Russia, Eastern Europe and Iran. How important is it for U.S, interests to enhance relations with Germany, and how should the U.S. react when German and U.S. interests fail to align?
- A craft brewer goes to Germany ... to make American-style beers - Fortune
- Germany's eurosceptics sow the seeds of turmoil - Financial Times
- Five objects that make modern Germany - The Guardian
- Germany can't get Isis mission off the ground - The Local.de
- Ten objects that made modern Germany - The Guardian
- More News
Foreign Policy Blogs
- Talking Defense – Part 2 – Reflection on a needed European Security Strategy
- Ukraine: Time for Bold Magnanimity from EU
- Talking Defense – Part 1: The Road to December European Council summit