Great Decisions 2011 | Topic 5
Is it time for the U.S. to declare a special relationship with Germany?
Germany has emerged from both the financial crisis and the eurozone crisis as the dominant economic and political power in Europe, in particular setting the tone for dealings with Russia, Eastern Europe and Iran. How important is it for U.S, interests to enhance relations with Germany, and how should the U.S. react when German and U.S. interests fail to align?
- Germany pledges to work with new Greek government - The Guardian
- German court rules that men can urinate while standing - BBC News
- Photos reveal rising anti-Semitism in Nazi Germany in 1935 - Ynetnews
- Michel Houellebecq's Soumission becomes instant No 1 in Germany - The Guardian
- 10 things to know before studying in Germany - Deutsche Welle
- More News
Foreign Policy Blogs
- 2013 Year in Review: The State of European Affairs
- Does the Greek Golden Dawn party threaten European unity?
- Talking Defense – Part 3 – A PR coup for the CSDP?