Great Decisions 2011 | Topic 5
Is it time for the U.S. to declare a special relationship with Germany?
Germany has emerged from both the financial crisis and the eurozone crisis as the dominant economic and political power in Europe, in particular setting the tone for dealings with Russia, Eastern Europe and Iran. How important is it for U.S, interests to enhance relations with Germany, and how should the U.S. react when German and U.S. interests fail to align?
- Germany's $412 Billion Green Energy Plan Meets Harsh Reality - Daily Caller
- Merkel talks tough, but can Europe back it up? - CNBC.com
- Germany warms to the MBA - Financial Times
- German army shaped by anti-Nazi legacy - Deutsche Welle
- Germany damaged the World Cup trophy while celebrating in Berlin - USA TODAY
- More News
Foreign Policy Blogs
- Does the Greek Golden Dawn party threaten European unity?
- Talking Defense – Part 3 – A PR coup for the CSDP?
- 2013 Year in Review: The State of European Affairs