Great Decisions 2011 | Topic 5
Is it time for the U.S. to declare a special relationship with Germany?
Germany has emerged from both the financial crisis and the eurozone crisis as the dominant economic and political power in Europe, in particular setting the tone for dealings with Russia, Eastern Europe and Iran. How important is it for U.S, interests to enhance relations with Germany, and how should the U.S. react when German and U.S. interests fail to align?
- UPDATE 3-Time running out for EU bid to engage Russia, Germany warns - Reuters
- Exclusive: Germany OKs Northwest Bio brain cancer drug, shares soar - Reuters
- The plight of Germany's foreign careworkers - Deutsche Welle
- 'Made black,' examines Afro-German identity in Nazi Germany - Deutsche Welle
- Forget lederhosen. From "bollenhuts" to bonnets, Germany's various regions ... - Deutsche Welle
- More News
Foreign Policy Blogs
- 2013 Year in Review: The State of European Affairs
- Talking Defense – Part 3 – A PR coup for the CSDP?
- European Responses to Haiyan disaster