Great Decisions 2011 | Topic 5
Is it time for the U.S. to declare a special relationship with Germany?
Germany has emerged from both the financial crisis and the eurozone crisis as the dominant economic and political power in Europe, in particular setting the tone for dealings with Russia, Eastern Europe and Iran. How important is it for U.S, interests to enhance relations with Germany, and how should the U.S. react when German and U.S. interests fail to align?
- German security recorded Clinton conversation: media - Reuters
- Germany accused of spying on Kerry and Clinton - BBC News
- German Intel Spied On Hillary Clinton, John Kerry: Der Spiegel - Huffington Post
- Germany considers "everything short of arms exports" - Deutsche Welle
- Germany agrees to arm Iraq in break with post-war tradition - Financial Times
- More News
Foreign Policy Blogs
- Talking Defense – Part 2 – Reflection on a needed European Security Strategy
- Ukraine: Time for Bold Magnanimity from EU
- Talking Defense – Part 1: The Road to December European Council summit