Great Decisions 2011 | Topic 5
Is it time for the U.S. to declare a special relationship with Germany?
Germany has emerged from both the financial crisis and the eurozone crisis as the dominant economic and political power in Europe, in particular setting the tone for dealings with Russia, Eastern Europe and Iran. How important is it for U.S, interests to enhance relations with Germany, and how should the U.S. react when German and U.S. interests fail to align?
- And the world's favorite country is … Germany? - Reuters Blogs (blog)
- German leftists agree historic deal to rule in Thuringia - BBC News
- Germany frees Russian spy - Deutsche Welle
- 'Ready to die': Father and sons leave Germany to fight ISIS - CNN
- England women v Germany: Wembley game 'fantastic occasion' - BBC Sport
- More News
Foreign Policy Blogs
- 2013 Year in Review: The State of European Affairs
- Does the Greek Golden Dawn party threaten European unity?
- Talking Defense – Part 3 – A PR coup for the CSDP?