Great Decisions 2011 | Topic 5
Is it time for the U.S. to declare a special relationship with Germany?
Germany has emerged from both the financial crisis and the eurozone crisis as the dominant economic and political power in Europe, in particular setting the tone for dealings with Russia, Eastern Europe and Iran. How important is it for U.S, interests to enhance relations with Germany, and how should the U.S. react when German and U.S. interests fail to align?
- ÜberTech - ZDNet
- 'Nazis in Pinstripes'? Anti-Islamic Backlash in Dresden, Germany - Sputnik UK
- Dual citizenship law takes effect in Germany - Deutsche Welle
- Cyberattack on German steel mill inflicts serious damage - RT
- Why Germany's having a merrier Christmas - CNBC
- More News
Foreign Policy Blogs
- Talking Defense – Part 1: The Road to December European Council summit
- Talking Defense – Part 2 – Reflection on a needed European Security Strategy
- Ukraine: Time for Bold Magnanimity from EU