Great Decisions 2011 | Topic 5
Is it time for the U.S. to declare a special relationship with Germany?
Germany has emerged from both the financial crisis and the eurozone crisis as the dominant economic and political power in Europe, in particular setting the tone for dealings with Russia, Eastern Europe and Iran. How important is it for U.S, interests to enhance relations with Germany, and how should the U.S. react when German and U.S. interests fail to align?
- Germany's super-shy super-rich - BBC News
- 'To the German People' - Wall Street Journal
- Into the Wild: Hesitant Seals Face Germany's Open Ocean - NBCNews.com
- Germany Sending 38 Swimmers to 2014 European Championships - SwimSwam
- Germany's 10 most beautiful castles - Deutsche Welle
- More News
Foreign Policy Blogs
- 2013 Year in Review: The State of European Affairs
- Talking Defense – Part 3 – A PR coup for the CSDP?
- Does the Greek Golden Dawn party threaten European unity?