Great Decisions 2011 | Topic 5
Is it time for the U.S. to declare a special relationship with Germany?
Germany has emerged from both the financial crisis and the eurozone crisis as the dominant economic and political power in Europe, in particular setting the tone for dealings with Russia, Eastern Europe and Iran. How important is it for U.S, interests to enhance relations with Germany, and how should the U.S. react when German and U.S. interests fail to align?
- Attacks on asylum shelters rise in Germany 06.03.2014 - Deutsche Welle
- Germany: Putin Accepts Merkel Contact Group Idea - ABC News
- UFC Returns To Germany - UFC
- George Soros: Germany is "self-righteous" and "hypocritical" - Telegraph.co.uk
- German President Visits Massacre Site in Greece - ABC News
- More News
Foreign Policy Blogs
- 2013 Year in Review: The State of European Affairs
- Talking Defense – Part 3 – A PR coup for the CSDP?
- European Responses to Haiyan disaster