Great Decisions 2011 | Topic 5
Is it time for the U.S. to declare a special relationship with Germany?
Germany has emerged from both the financial crisis and the eurozone crisis as the dominant economic and political power in Europe, in particular setting the tone for dealings with Russia, Eastern Europe and Iran. How important is it for U.S, interests to enhance relations with Germany, and how should the U.S. react when German and U.S. interests fail to align?
- Germany backs Greece and GDP growth cools — 5 things to know today - Fortune
- Yes, investors now pay to lend Germany money - CNNMoney
- Germans fed up with Greece's 'insults' - CNBC
- German tank battalion to be activated amid Russia crisis - Deutsche Welle
- What the BRICS plus Germany are really up to? - RT (blog)
- More News
Foreign Policy Blogs
- Does the Greek Golden Dawn party threaten European unity?
- 2013 Year in Review: The State of European Affairs
- Talking Defense – Part 3 – A PR coup for the CSDP?