Great Decisions 2011 | Topic 5
Is it time for the U.S. to declare a special relationship with Germany?
Germany has emerged from both the financial crisis and the eurozone crisis as the dominant economic and political power in Europe, in particular setting the tone for dealings with Russia, Eastern Europe and Iran. How important is it for U.S, interests to enhance relations with Germany, and how should the U.S. react when German and U.S. interests fail to align?
- Germany to blame for weak global economy: Gartman - CNBC
- Massive gas pipeline inferno shakes German town (VIDEOS) - RT
- Germany could be home to 7000 Muslim extremists by Christmas - RT
- A third of the world wants to work in Germany » - The Local.de
- Germans must show their country can still be a force for freedom - Financial Times
- More News
Foreign Policy Blogs
- Ukraine: Time for Bold Magnanimity from EU
- Talking Defense – Part 1: The Road to December European Council summit
- Talking Defense – Part 2 – Reflection on a needed European Security Strategy