Great Decisions 2011 | Topic 5
Is it time for the U.S. to declare a special relationship with Germany?
Germany has emerged from both the financial crisis and the eurozone crisis as the dominant economic and political power in Europe, in particular setting the tone for dealings with Russia, Eastern Europe and Iran. How important is it for U.S, interests to enhance relations with Germany, and how should the U.S. react when German and U.S. interests fail to align?
- Photos: Maria Sharapova celebrates her 27th birthday in Germany - SI.com
- Germany's green dream - CNN (blog)
- Germany leads 2-0 over Australia in Fed Cup - Fox News
- Sudan courts German investors - Deutsche Welle
- Germany Not So Important Anymore - CleanTechnica
- More News
Foreign Policy Blogs
- Ukraine: Time for Bold Magnanimity from EU
- Talking Defense – Part 2 – Reflection on a needed European Security Strategy
- Talking Defense – Part 1: The Road to December European Council summit