Great Decisions 2011 | Topic 5
Is it time for the U.S. to declare a special relationship with Germany?
Germany has emerged from both the financial crisis and the eurozone crisis as the dominant economic and political power in Europe, in particular setting the tone for dealings with Russia, Eastern Europe and Iran. How important is it for U.S, interests to enhance relations with Germany, and how should the U.S. react when German and U.S. interests fail to align?
- Germany to Pay Airbus €623 Million in Loans for New Jet - Wall Street Journal
- Germany's Merkel addresses WW2 reconciliation in Japan - BBC News
- Germany threatens UK dominance in wind power - Financial Times
- Outrage in Germany after neo-Nazi rally forces mayor's resignation - RT
- Romania embarrassed about giving Germany a map of France with a German ... - Mashable
- More News
Foreign Policy Blogs
- Ukraine: Time for Bold Magnanimity from EU
- Talking Defense – Part 2 – Reflection on a needed European Security Strategy
- Talking Defense – Part 1: The Road to December European Council summit