Sanctions and Nonproliferation
Great Decisions 2011 | Topic 6
Do sanctions work?
Sanctions have been created to curb nations in violation of international law, especially agreements concerning nuclear nonproliferation. How successfully have sanctions been applied against past violators? Is there any chance sanctions can curtail North Korea and Iran from continuing to develop nuclear weapons?
Sanctions and Proliferation News
- Herbert London: The Stark Choice With Iran - WAMC
- A message from Tripoli, Part 5: How Libya gave up its WMD - Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists
- Headaches For Medifast Investors (MED) - Seeking Alpha
- How Strong Is the Russian Military? - Newsweek
- CSIS Korean Unification Conference - US Department of State (press release)
Foreign Policy Blogs
- Iran: Cutting the Gordian Knots
- Obama’s NDU Speech: Implications for Tehran
- Red Line Blues: North Korea, Iran and Syria
- Obama and Syria: Red Lines Redeemed?
- U.S. Senate Approves Guns to Syria: ‘Designated Terrorists’ Still on OFAC List