Sanctions and Nonproliferation
Great Decisions 2011 | Topic 6
Do sanctions work?
Sanctions have been created to curb nations in violation of international law, especially agreements concerning nuclear nonproliferation. How successfully have sanctions been applied against past violators? Is there any chance sanctions can curtail North Korea and Iran from continuing to develop nuclear weapons?
Sanctions and Proliferation News
- 'US to turn away from NK denuclearization strategy' - Korea Times
- Further Shades of Grey: North Korea Sanctions and the 2015 UN Panel of ... - 38 North
- [Analysis] Four fallacies of EU foreign policy - EUobserver
- Nuclear Terrorism in America - Washington Free Beacon
- What Are Economic Sanctions? - Council on Foreign Relations
Foreign Policy Blogs
- North Korean Nuclear Test: What Is the Nature of the Threat?
- Nuclear Weapons Accomplishments in the Chu Years
- Nuke Brain Drain in the Senate
- Old Thinking, New Realities
- The Four Statesmen Return to the Rostrum: Take Action on Proliferation Risks Now