Sanctions and Nonproliferation
Great Decisions 2011 | Topic 6
Do sanctions work?
Sanctions have been created to curb nations in violation of international law, especially agreements concerning nuclear nonproliferation. How successfully have sanctions been applied against past violators? Is there any chance sanctions can curtail North Korea and Iran from continuing to develop nuclear weapons?
Sanctions and Proliferation News
- AP NewsBreak: Iran cuts nuke weapons ability - Macon Telegraph (blog)
- Senior MP Stresses Peaceful Nature of Iran's N. Program - Fars News Agency
- Official: Iran will not discuss missile program - The Seattle Times
- McCain: full US support for allies - Baltic Times
- In Brief | Nation & World | 4-16-14 - West Hawaii Today
Foreign Policy Blogs
- U.S. Senate Approves Guns to Syria: ‘Designated Terrorists’ Still on OFAC List
- Red Line Blues: North Korea, Iran and Syria
- Obama’s NDU Speech: Implications for Tehran
- Iran: Cutting the Gordian Knots
- Obama and Syria: Red Lines Redeemed?