Sanctions and Nonproliferation
Great Decisions 2011 | Topic 6
Do sanctions work?
Sanctions have been created to curb nations in violation of international law, especially agreements concerning nuclear nonproliferation. How successfully have sanctions been applied against past violators? Is there any chance sanctions can curtail North Korea and Iran from continuing to develop nuclear weapons?
Sanctions and Proliferation News
- NEW: Read and Sign Up for The D Brief - Defense One
- Our Favorite Oil Services Firm - Morningstar.com
- Council Conclusions on Somalia - AllAfrica.com
- Prince of the Nobel Peace Prize - TheBlaze.com
- Foreign policy: a political orphan - DAWN.com
Foreign Policy Blogs
- U.S. Senate Approves Guns to Syria: ‘Designated Terrorists’ Still on OFAC List
- Obama and Syria: Red Lines Redeemed?
- Obama’s NDU Speech: Implications for Tehran
- Red Line Blues: North Korea, Iran and Syria
- Iran: Cutting the Gordian Knots