Sanctions and Nonproliferation
Great Decisions 2011 | Topic 6
Do sanctions work?
Sanctions have been created to curb nations in violation of international law, especially agreements concerning nuclear nonproliferation. How successfully have sanctions been applied against past violators? Is there any chance sanctions can curtail North Korea and Iran from continuing to develop nuclear weapons?
Sanctions and Proliferation News
- The Secretary General's Annual Report 2014 - NATO HQ (press release)
- An unfair allegation - The Hindu
- How Iran Continues To Deceive The West - Western Journalism
- Bibi and the scarlet letter - The Stanford Daily
- 'Main point of Iraq Inquiry – to let Bush, Blair walk away with reputations ... - RT
Foreign Policy Blogs
- Nuke Brain Drain in the Senate
- Nuclear Weapons Accomplishments in the Chu Years
- Old Thinking, New Realities
- North Korean Nuclear Test: What Is the Nature of the Threat?
- The Four Statesmen Return to the Rostrum: Take Action on Proliferation Risks Now