Sanctions and Nonproliferation
Great Decisions 2011 | Topic 6
Do sanctions work?
Sanctions have been created to curb nations in violation of international law, especially agreements concerning nuclear nonproliferation. How successfully have sanctions been applied against past violators? Is there any chance sanctions can curtail North Korea and Iran from continuing to develop nuclear weapons?
Sanctions and Proliferation News
- Is Iran the Next India? - Energy and Capital
- The Coming CLASS War - Prague Post
- Obama to chair Security Council meet on foreign jihadis - The Times of Israel
- US–Russia tensions hit scientists - physicsworld.com
- The Human Rights Issue And The Sanctions On Iran - CounterCurrents.org
Foreign Policy Blogs
- Old Thinking, New Realities
- Nuclear Weapons Accomplishments in the Chu Years
- The Four Statesmen Return to the Rostrum: Take Action on Proliferation Risks Now
- North Korean Nuclear Test: What Is the Nature of the Threat?
- Nuke Brain Drain in the Senate