Sanctions and Nonproliferation
Great Decisions 2011 | Topic 6
Do sanctions work?
Sanctions have been created to curb nations in violation of international law, especially agreements concerning nuclear nonproliferation. How successfully have sanctions been applied against past violators? Is there any chance sanctions can curtail North Korea and Iran from continuing to develop nuclear weapons?
Sanctions and Proliferation News
- Timeline on Iran's Nuclear Program - New York Times
- Iran nuclear talks: Now or never for a deal? - Al Jazeera America
- Remarks at 3rd Annual Transformational Trends Policy Forum - US Department of State (press release)
- World powers seek nuclear deal with Iran at Vienna talks - FRANCE 24
- Yes, Cameron - there's a 3rd recession coming - and you're to blame! - RT (blog)
Foreign Policy Blogs
- Obama’s NDU Speech: Implications for Tehran
- Red Line Blues: North Korea, Iran and Syria
- U.S. Senate Approves Guns to Syria: ‘Designated Terrorists’ Still on OFAC List
- Obama and Syria: Red Lines Redeemed?
- Iran: Cutting the Gordian Knots