Sanctions and Nonproliferation
Great Decisions 2011 | Topic 6
Do sanctions work?
Sanctions have been created to curb nations in violation of international law, especially agreements concerning nuclear nonproliferation. How successfully have sanctions been applied against past violators? Is there any chance sanctions can curtail North Korea and Iran from continuing to develop nuclear weapons?
Sanctions and Proliferation News
- Converting the Ayatollahs - New York Times
- News Roundup and Notes: February 23, 2015 - Just Security
- US hardens position on Russia sanctions - EUobserver
- Remarks on Northeast Asia - US Department of State (press release)
- Ali Baba and the forty spies - Times LIVE
Foreign Policy Blogs
- North Korean Nuclear Test: What Is the Nature of the Threat?
- Nuclear Weapons Accomplishments in the Chu Years
- Nuke Brain Drain in the Senate
- The Four Statesmen Return to the Rostrum: Take Action on Proliferation Risks Now
- Old Thinking, New Realities