Sanctions and Nonproliferation
Great Decisions 2011 | Topic 6
Do sanctions work?
Sanctions have been created to curb nations in violation of international law, especially agreements concerning nuclear nonproliferation. How successfully have sanctions been applied against past violators? Is there any chance sanctions can curtail North Korea and Iran from continuing to develop nuclear weapons?
Sanctions and Proliferation News
- US House passes tougher sanctions bill on N. Korea - Yonhap News
- Russia Rails Against EU Sanctions, Lambasts US Over Ukraine - The Moscow Times
- The 10 biggest risks to your business right now - Management Today
- Russia criticizes EU sanctions - CNBC.com
- For Iranians, hope tinged with caution - gulfnews.com
Foreign Policy Blogs
- The Four Statesmen Return to the Rostrum: Take Action on Proliferation Risks Now
- North Korean Nuclear Test: What Is the Nature of the Threat?
- Nuclear Weapons Accomplishments in the Chu Years
- Old Thinking, New Realities
- Nuke Brain Drain in the Senate